New tablet is painfully slow?!

kleolon

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new tablet (Firefly A12) and it is painfully slow.I know it is not such a good tablet but i don't think it can be that slow.I mean i can't even open facebook or a browser.I don't have many apps on it and it is still slow.I have tried everything,but nothing helped.Please help me!:'(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new tablet (Firefly A12) and it is painfully slow.I know it is not such a good tablet but i don't think it can be that slow.I mean i can't even open facebook or a browser.I don't have many apps on it and it is still slow.I have tried everything,but nothing helped.Please help me!:'(

Welcome to the forums.
What have you tried to do to make it faster?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Operating System
Android 4.0
CPU
BOXCHIP A13 Multi-Core(CPU+GPU+VPU+APU)Cortex A8
GPU
Mali 400
Processor Speed
1.0GHz
RAM
512MB
Hard Drive Capacity
8GB

With those specs your going to have trouble using most apps with only 512MB of RAM. So there is likely very little that can be done with that bottle neck. That is really just an MID(Mobile Internet Device). An MID is to a tablet what a Netbook is to a Laptop.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest a factory reset and start fresh. Keep an eye on what you are installing and whether issues begin on or soon after installing a particular app or service.

As mentioned above, you will be limited on what you can do without affecting performance due to the specifications of the hardware. Though, I think some of that can still be mitigated by being mindful of what you are using and keeping the device clear of unnecessary apps and services, which is seems like you are doing, to keep things moving as efficient as possible.

Backup and sync your data before a factory reset.