Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By mumfoau
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Settings Sticking (LG G2)

I have a Verizon G2! Under my Google account in settings I can go in and uncheck "Google photos auto backup" and "Google+ photos" to prevent them from syncing but go back later and see them checked again. I'm not sure if that happens after I enter the Google+ app or not but when I was on android before that seemed to be the case. To that end, I stopped using Google+ altogether! How can I make those settings stick? I don't want the pics from my phone (nothing explicit or anything) to be on Google+ or any other online medium!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Settings Sticking (LG G2)

You might have to make sure the Auto Backup setting is off in the Google+ settings, not in the account settings. Go to Google Settings (look for it in the App Drawer), then Google+, then Auto Backup, and turn the switch off.

As for the Google+ Photos sync, as long as the Auto Backup setting is off, it shouldn't sync any of the photos on your phone over to the web--it should only allow access to your cloud albums on the phone.
    mumfoau likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Settings Sticking (LG G2)

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    You might have to make sure the Auto Backup setting is off in the Google+ settings, not in the account settings. Go to Google Settings (look for it in the App Drawer), then Google+, then Auto Backup, and turn the switch off.

As for the Google+ Photos sync, as long as the Auto Backup setting is off, it shouldn't sync any of the photos on your phone over to the web--it should only allow access to your cloud albums on the phone.
    thanks Diddy! I do have auto backup switched off in Google settings so I reckon I'm good to go!

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk
    B. Diddy likes this.