SD card issue

kmtm

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I just got a new Samsung trend plus and after inserting the SD card l can't add any files to. After l connect it to my pc it opens the windows explorer but l can't see the SD card. l did format the card in the phone but how can I get to the see the card to move files on it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It could be a defective or counterfeit SD card. Since you can't write to it (in the phone or with Windows) you can't test it. Contact whoever you got it from for a replacement.

kmtm

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
After several attempts (inserting in and out) I see the phone can finally detect it and have now placed some files on it, I have contacted the online shop I bought it and see what they say. As this is a new phone I needed to root it.
Do you know any software that can examine the card to make sure its not faulty?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have contacted the online shop I bought it and see what they say. As this is a new phone I needed to root it.
Ask them for a signed letter stating that rooting the phone will not void the warranty. (It does, but if they're willing to warranty it themselves after you root it, that's on them.) The only time rooting will have any effect on the SD card is if you're running Android 4.4 or higher, and that's the wrong way to fix the problem Google created.

Do you know any software that can examine the card to make sure its not faulty?
On a computer:
h2testw

On the phone:
A1 SD Bench, SanDisk Memory Zone, SD Insight (press the "eye" in the upper-right of the screen, then look for the manufacture date - if it was made before that size card came out, it's counterfeit) and SD Tools.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes