Anyway to remove app names from homescreen and just show icon?

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded launcher pro. Sorry for a newb question but why can't you use htc Widgets such as the clock? Kind of a deal breaker for me although I love the dock at the bottom.

joshuat

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
not sure of the technical reasons but when using launcher pro you cant use manufacturer widgets. However, there are a bunch of great clock and weather widgets out there. I personally use beautiful widgets. But if you want something like the htc clock, weather and toggle widgets has one just like it. Also fancy widget is a free one

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmm going to have to think about it. I use several of the HTC widgets but there is a lot I love about Launcher Pro. If I had a non HTC Sense device I would definitely use it.

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
There's replacements for all the HTC widgets now. LP's got calendar, bookmarks, FriendStream and all that sorted within itself. The clock can be replaced with an identical one called FancyWidget. It's been pulled off the market because HTC took offense, but if you do some searching... ;)

The only widget that LP has yet to replace is the News widget, but I'm sure that'll come when Fede is done re-coding the whole thing.

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
^ those are only available on Launcher Pro Plus. You have to purchase it to have access to all the features. Worth it, or you can flash Vaelpak v2.2 He's go some nice goodies on his rom

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ohhhhh found fancy widget, looks identical! This may have tipped the scale LP's way.

Is there somewhere I can see screenshots of the widgets that the Plus version of LP unlocks?

Also if I set LP as the "Default Action" when going to home screen, where do I go to undo that sort of thing if I ever want to?

Last edited:

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about screenshots, I'd just google it myself. :)

As for the "Default Action" thing, I'd recommend installing the Home Switcher app from the Market. It lets you open different homescreens and choose which one you want as default.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded launcher pro. Sorry for a newb question but why can't you use htc Widgets such as the clock? Kind of a deal breaker for me although I love the dock at the bottom.

When you run LP, it can't see the stuff HTC has done for Sense that is part of the skin, as opposed to being part of Android itself. Between LP plus and Beautiful Widgets, you should be able to replace everything HTC has done.

joshuat

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Ohhhhh found fancy widget, looks identical! This may have tipped the scale LP's way.

Is there somewhere I can see screenshots of the widgets that the Plus version of LP unlocks?

Also if I set LP as the "Default Action" when going to home screen, where do I go to undo that sort of thing if I ever want to?

To undo default action for LP go to settings, manage applications, find LP and select clear defaults. Presto you are good to go

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and got Launcher Pro Plus and set everything up. Everything is great so far and I actually like its People widget more than HTC's because it lets me choose what I want to do each time I click on someone (IE text, call, e-mail). Not sure if I will keep it this way for ever but it was a nice change of pace. Thanks for all the help guys!

sicunder36

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with me. I love some third party launchers like Arrow from Microsoft, Nova from atesla coil and google launcher from Google but i love the weather and clock wigdet from accuweather in samsung. It's simply the most gorgeous widget i have ever seen. That's the only reason i am sticking to touchwiz.