Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies

Default Anyway to remove app names from homescreen and just show icon?

Like the title says I am looking for a way to remove apparently names from the homescreen and just have the icons. Anyway to do this?
    Rooted DROID Incredible
    +Android 2.3.5
    +CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies - Mixer Theme
    +ADW EX i2 Theme

Launcher Pro

Menu > Preferences > Appearance Settings > Hide Icon labels
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

This doesn't work for folders, unfortunately.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies

I just downloaded launcher pro. Sorry for a newb question but why can't you use htc Widgets such as the clock? Kind of a deal breaker for me although I love the dock at the bottom.
    Rooted DROID Incredible
    +Android 2.3.5
    +ADW EX i2 Theme

not sure of the technical reasons but when using launcher pro you cant use manufacturer widgets. However, there are a bunch of great clock and weather widgets out there. I personally use beautiful widgets. But if you want something like the htc clock, weather and toggle widgets has one just like it. Also fancy widget is a free one
    In Soviet Russia, android roots you!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies

Hmm going to have to think about it. I use several of the HTC widgets but there is a lot I love about Launcher Pro. If I had a non HTC Sense device I would definitely use it.
    Rooted DROID Incredible
    +Android 2.3.5
    +ADW EX i2 Theme

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

There's replacements for all the HTC widgets now. LP's got calendar, bookmarks, FriendStream and all that sorted within itself. The clock can be replaced with an identical one called FancyWidget. It's been pulled off the market because HTC took offense, but if you do some searching...

The only widget that LP has yet to replace is the News widget, but I'm sure that'll come when Fede is done re-coding the whole thing.

ROM
    Stock

^ those are only available on Launcher Pro Plus. You have to purchase it to have access to all the features. Worth it, or you can flash Vaelpak v2.2 He's go some nice goodies on his rom
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies

Ohhhhh found fancy widget, looks identical! This may have tipped the scale LP's way.

Is there somewhere I can see screenshots of the widgets that the Plus version of LP unlocks?

Also if I set LP as the "Default Action" when going to home screen, where do I go to undo that sort of thing if I ever want to?
    Rooted DROID Incredible
    +Android 2.3.5
    +ADW EX i2 Theme

Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    ROM
    InsertCoin 1.1.1

Not sure about screenshots, I'd just google it myself.

As for the "Default Action" thing, I'd recommend installing the Home Switcher app from the Market. It lets you open different homescreens and choose which one you want as default.

Quote Originally Posted by caralvarez24 View Post
    I just downloaded launcher pro. Sorry for a newb question but why can't you use htc Widgets such as the clock? Kind of a deal breaker for me although I love the dock at the bottom.
    When you run LP, it can't see the stuff HTC has done for Sense that is part of the skin, as opposed to being part of Android itself. Between LP plus and Beautiful Widgets, you should be able to replace everything HTC has done.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

Quote Originally Posted by caralvarez24 View Post
    Ohhhhh found fancy widget, looks identical! This may have tipped the scale LP's way.

Is there somewhere I can see screenshots of the widgets that the Plus version of LP unlocks?

Also if I set LP as the "Default Action" when going to home screen, where do I go to undo that sort of thing if I ever want to?

To undo default action for LP go to settings, manage applications, find LP and select clear defaults. Presto you are good to go
    In Soviet Russia, android roots you!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    551 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies

I went ahead and got Launcher Pro Plus and set everything up. Everything is great so far and I actually like its People widget more than HTC's because it lets me choose what I want to do each time I click on someone (IE text, call, e-mail). Not sure if I will keep it this way for ever but it was a nice change of pace. Thanks for all the help guys!
    Rooted DROID Incredible
    +Android 2.3.5
    +ADW EX i2 Theme

Default Re: Anyway to remove app names from homescreen and just show icon?

How can I remove icon labels on my samsung galaxy s duos?