Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Prepping phone to sell?

I've been reading around about what to do when planning to sell your device. I plan to factory reset, and I saw how you can hide the device in Play so you no longer see it. What I haven't found is what happens server side when the next person starts using the phone under their own Google account.

Will Google then re-associate the device to the new account, and remove it from mine? Or will it show up on both accounts? Is there a chance any notifications or such from Google (Play, or otherwise) could be sent to the device regarding something on my account despite not being signed in since it has the device ID#?

I'm thinking I shouldn't have anything to worry about after doing the reset, but this is the first time I've considered selling a phone direct to another person and want to make sure all of my bases are covered.
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

It is not linked to the phone but the account. A factory reset will unlink it. Sure you will have a reference but if you delete that it will never show up again.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Default Re: Prepping phone to sell?

It is not linked to the phone but the account. A factory reset will unlink it. Sure you will have a reference but if you delete that it will never show up again.