Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SoloCx11
  • 1 Post By Gabriel Schlesinger
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    I've got this app on my phone and I can't get rid of it. It's got so many permissions on my phone, it can essentially do whatever it wants from waking the phone, making calls, scanning other apps, text messages, emails, etc...
  2. Best Answer

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloCx11 View Post
    I've got an HTC one M7 on Sprint if that's relevant
    Hello there. Researching into it, I found it is from Sprint itself.

    https://www.trustlook.com/report/363...m.sprint.zone/

  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    I've got an HTC one M7 on Sprint if that's relevant
  4. #3  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,677 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloCx11 View Post
    I've got an HTC one M7 on Sprint if that's relevant
    Hello there. Researching into it, I found it is from Sprint itself.

    https://www.trustlook.com/report/363...m.sprint.zone/
  5. #4  

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Is it a process?

    zone.lib.entertainment?

    It may be a part of Sprint TV App?

    https://www.trustlook.com/report/B73...m.sprint.zone/
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    It shows up as an app in lowercase spelling and when I click on it, I get a message from Sprint that they are not responsible for third party apps and what they can do followed by an error, the program must shut down.
  7. #6  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,677 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloCx11 View Post
    It shows up as an app in lowercase spelling and when I click on it, I get a message from Sprint that they are not responsible for third party apps and what they can do followed by an error, the program must shut down.
    Could you show us a screenshot?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    Could you show us a screenshot?
    Here's a link to my tweet with a screen shot.
    https://twitter.com/gotchu/status/480477191156006912
    RumoredNow likes this.
  9. #8  

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloCx11 View Post
    Here's a link to my tweet with a screen shot.
    https://twitter.com/gotchu/status/480477191156006912
    I'm still inclined to believe it's a part of Sprint-ware, despite the "third party" blah blah blah.

    Go to Settings > Apps > All and scroll down to that App on the list. Tap the App.

    Force Stop the App, Clear Cache, Clear Data and then either Uninstall (that option shows when it is an App added after you started using the phone) or Disable (that option shows when it is an App "baked" into the ROM). I'm betting you can only disable, not uninstall the App.

    In any event the App will not function and can not use any permissions.
  10. #9  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,677 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloCx11 View Post
    Here's a link to my tweet with a screen shot.
    https://twitter.com/gotchu/status/480477191156006912
    Usually when that shows, it means that it is the component of another app.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    I'm still inclined to believe it's a part of Sprint-ware, despite the "third party" blah blah blah.

    Go to Settings > Apps > All and scroll down to that App on the list. Tap the App.

    Force Stop the App, Clear Cache, Clear Data and then either Uninstall (that option shows when it is an App added after you started using the phone) or Disable (that option shows when it is an App "baked" into the ROM). I'm betting you can only disable, not uninstall the App.

    In any event the App will not function and can not use any permissions.
    It can't be disabled or uninstalled which is why I thought it was suspicious and it's all lower case which is suspicious to me too. I think I'm just going to have to get a new phone.
  12. #11  

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    I still believe it is part of Sprint TV.

    Can you disable that?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Yes. I can disable and uninstall Sprint tv but not the one I'm suspicious of.
    It's still there, nothing's changed.
  14. #13  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,677 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloCx11 View Post
    Yes. I can disable and uninstall Sprint tv but not the one I'm suspicious of.
    It's still there, nothing's changed.
    Have you tried a factory reset before?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Yep. I've factory reset it twice in a row just to be sure and deleted everything on the phone.
  16. #15  
    wizzrah's Avatar

    Posts
    4,677 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

    Default Re: what is zone-libentertainment? spyware?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoloCx11 View Post
    Yep. I've factory reset it twice in a row just to be sure and deleted everything on the phone.
    We already confirmed it was from Sprint. I don't believe it is harmful. You can use Greenify to freeze it so it doesn't take up resources on your phone.

    Sent from my AT&T One XL
  17. #16  

    Default Re: What is zone-libentertainment? Spyware?

    It is mal-wear. If you go to application manager, and uninstall last update, it will remove it.
    I found it when trying to understand why my phone was charging slowly, and removing that app instantly fixed the problem.
    steve kenny likes this.
  18. #17  

    Default Re: What is zone-libentertainment? Spyware?

    Thanks, Gabriel. That did the trick. Just happened to notice it scrolling through my apps tonight. Maybe this will help alleviate some of the battery drain I've been noticing on my S III lately.
  19. #18  

    Default Re: What is zone-libentertainment? Spyware?

    How do I do that? I have a sprint Note 2, and can't seem to find where the remove last system update option is. Ive found a system update file, but it doesn't allow me to remove it.

Similar Threads

  1. google play store is not working on my samsung galaxy s4
    By Hunny_91 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 06:41 PM
  2. Razr not rooting, what the hell is going on?
    By CannedBullets in forum RAZR Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 02:25 PM
  3. Galaxy S5 "Check Battery Cover" & "SD Card is blank" HELP!
    By Grakekiru in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-22-2014, 07:19 PM
  4. Is S view useful for you?
    By psychspirit in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 11:14 AM
  5. What smartphone to buy?
    By Zac_AUS in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-21-2014, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions