How to set up a custom alert for a specific email address?

terminatorx

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi, does anyone know how to configure a custom alert for a specific email address when using Android with Exchange/enterprise mail?

I wanted to flag emails from specific senders, and play a different sound where I could also raise the volume high and be alerted more easily.

Thanks for any help.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, does anyone know how to configure a custom alert for a specific email address when using Android with Exchange/enterprise mail?

I wanted to flag emails from specific senders, and play a different sound where I could also raise the volume high and be alerted more easily.

Thanks for any help.
Hello.

Are you using the stock email app?
What phone do you have?

Sent from my AT&T One XL

terminatorx

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I'm using the stock email app for a corporate account. I tried a Samsung Galaxy S3, and also a Motorola RAZR and having the same issue.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's a trivial task in Tasker, if you install the K9 app. Just trigger a profile on the event 3rd party K9 email received, set the From address and have it do what you want for that address.

terminatorx

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Rukbat. Are you aware of any solution which doesn't involve using a third party paid app? Does the default Android not allow for this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The "default Android" doesn't handle email, only email apps do. The email and Gmail apps, the ones that come with most Android phones, don't do what you want. There may be some 3rd party email app that does it internally, but I know it can be done with K9 and Tasker. (Many of the apps that come with your phone are "3rd party" apps - Google doesn't write all of them. Neither does your manufacturer or your carrier.)