Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By frag06
  • 1 Post By bang_bang
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

I had a moto x and I loved it. I broke it and replaced it with an AT&T s5. It really doesn't feel as snappy as the moto x and I'm assuming this is due to TouchWiz. I'm thinking about selling the s5 and doing a vanilla android phone.

Is the Google edition M8 the best way to go right now? I like the idea of the front speakers and the specs seem awesome, even overkill for vanilla android.

Default Re: What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

Quote Originally Posted by bang_bang View Post
    I had a moto x and I loved it. I broke it and replaced it with an AT&T s5. It really doesn't feel as snappy as the moto x and I'm assuming this is due to TouchWiz. I'm thinking about selling the s5 and doing a vanilla android phone.

Is the Google edition M8 the best way to go right now? I like the idea of the front speakers and the specs seem awesome, even overkill for vanilla android.
    It is almost certainly due to TouchWiz.

The M8 is a great phone. HTC's Sense is actually pretty good, but I also prefer Vanilla Android. The Google Play Edition is $700.

I also recommend taking a look at the Nexus 5. It is a great phone. Specs aren't as good as the M8, but it is probably the fastest phone on the market.
    Last edited by frag06; 06-24-2014 at 02:30 PM.

I would also recommend the Nexus 5. And you will be able to save some money.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

If youre still within the return window, get rid of the s5 and get a at&t branded moto x. Or if youre outside the window go to a at&t store and ask um what they can do...
    The "infraction"
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yea I'm outside the window because I got an iPhone 5s first and hated the small screen. So I exchanged it for an S5 so I'm stuck with it. That's why I was thinking of selling it and putting the money towards a different device. $700 for the google M8 doesn't seem bad at all considering I basically live on my phone. Plus what I get from the s5 will help subsidize that.

Quote Originally Posted by bang_bang View Post
    Yea I'm outside the window because I got an iPhone 5s first and hated the small screen. So I exchanged it for an S5 so I'm stuck with it. That's why I was thinking of selling it and putting the money towards a different device. $700 for the google M8 doesn't seem bad at all considering I basically live on my phone. Plus what I get from the s5 will help subsidize that.
    Check out Swappa. The S5 has been going for around $450 - $500 over there. Better than using eBay and paying ridiculously high seller fees.
    dkhmwilliams likes this.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Before you change phones, get rid of TouchWiz. Install a launcher like Nova and see if that feels any better. (Even the free version certainly gives you more options than TW, and it's faster.)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I would also recommend the Nexus 5. And you will be able to save some money.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    the Nexus 5 is looking enticing. 350 for great specs and vanilla android is hard to beat. I may order one today or just go to best buy and grab one. Do I need a new Sim or can I swap it from my s5?
    frag06 likes this.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Since they both use microSIMs, you can just swap it.
    frag06 likes this.