Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By frag06
  • 1 Post By bang_bang
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

    I had a moto x and I loved it. I broke it and replaced it with an AT&T s5. It really doesn't feel as snappy as the moto x and I'm assuming this is due to TouchWiz. I'm thinking about selling the s5 and doing a vanilla android phone.

    Is the Google edition M8 the best way to go right now? I like the idea of the front speakers and the specs seem awesome, even overkill for vanilla android.
  2. #2  
    frag06's Avatar

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

    Quote Originally Posted by bang_bang View Post
    I had a moto x and I loved it. I broke it and replaced it with an AT&T s5. It really doesn't feel as snappy as the moto x and I'm assuming this is due to TouchWiz. I'm thinking about selling the s5 and doing a vanilla android phone.

    Is the Google edition M8 the best way to go right now? I like the idea of the front speakers and the specs seem awesome, even overkill for vanilla android.
    It is almost certainly due to TouchWiz.

    The M8 is a great phone. HTC's Sense is actually pretty good, but I also prefer Vanilla Android. The Google Play Edition is $700.

    I also recommend taking a look at the Nexus 5. It is a great phone. Specs aren't as good as the M8, but it is probably the fastest phone on the market.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

    I would also recommend the Nexus 5. And you will be able to save some money.


    Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

    If youre still within the return window, get rid of the s5 and get a at&t branded moto x. Or if youre outside the window go to a at&t store and ask um what they can do...
    The "infraction"
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

    Yea I'm outside the window because I got an iPhone 5s first and hated the small screen. So I exchanged it for an S5 so I'm stuck with it. That's why I was thinking of selling it and putting the money towards a different device. $700 for the google M8 doesn't seem bad at all considering I basically live on my phone. Plus what I get from the s5 will help subsidize that.
  6. #6  
    frag06's Avatar

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

    Default Re: What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

    Quote Originally Posted by bang_bang View Post
    Yea I'm outside the window because I got an iPhone 5s first and hated the small screen. So I exchanged it for an S5 so I'm stuck with it. That's why I was thinking of selling it and putting the money towards a different device. $700 for the google M8 doesn't seem bad at all considering I basically live on my phone. Plus what I get from the s5 will help subsidize that.
    Check out Swappa. The S5 has been going for around $450 - $500 over there. Better than using eBay and paying ridiculously high seller fees.
    dkhmwilliams likes this.
  7. #7  
    Rukbat's Avatar

    Posts
    10,601 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

    Default Re: What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

    Before you change phones, get rid of TouchWiz. Install a launcher like Nova and see if that feels any better. (Even the free version certainly gives you more options than TW, and it's faster.)
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

    Quote Originally Posted by dkhmwilliams View Post
    I would also recommend the Nexus 5. And you will be able to save some money.


    Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.
    the Nexus 5 is looking enticing. 350 for great specs and vanilla android is hard to beat. I may order one today or just go to best buy and grab one. Do I need a new Sim or can I swap it from my s5?
    frag06 likes this.
  9. #9  
    Rukbat's Avatar

    Posts
    10,601 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

    Default Re: What phone should I get? (not happy with s5)

    Since they both use microSIMs, you can just swap it.
    frag06 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-31-2014, 11:59 PM
  2. Wish to get an invite for OnePlus One 64GB Phone
    By mgovindanv in forum OnePlus One
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2014, 09:35 PM
  3. New S5 Active - what's on the top edge of the case?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 10:39 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 10:29 AM
  5. Can't sync documents folders with OneDrive
    By treetopsranch in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-24-2014, 09:29 AM

Posting Permissions