HTC Flyer 4G P515E - install US stock ROM (need help)

LeoKac

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I searched and found similar posts on xda-developers, but nothing actually helped me. So, please help.

my tablet isn't working properly, it is really out of order, some system files are broken and deleted, so, actually, I can't turn on the tablet.
And the worse part is that maybe the bootloader is not working properly too.

I have this Android device:

HTC Flyer 4G P515E 32GB (Korean model, made in Taiwan)

IMEI: 356439040072845
S / N: HT16STM02781
P / N: 99HNF003 - 00

Here is the photo of the box:
imgur.com/Z5fS349.jpg
Z5fS349.jpg

Well, yes, this is Korean model, but I want to install official US stock ROM. Flyer US stock ROM would be great, but if it is not accessible, only WiFi US stock ROM would be good too.

This is the bootloader info:
Unlocked
S-ON
HBOOT - 1.14.0008
RADIO - 3822.11.08.07_M
Date: March 19, 2012, 19:51:31

Here is the photo of the bootloader:
imgur.com/wqAFTMG.jpg
wqAFTMG.jpg

Well, when I press "RECOVERY" (in the bootloader menu), the HTC logo comes out and then the screen just freezes, and nothing more.
when I press "RESET" (in the bootloader menu), actualy still nothing happens.

I just want to remove old ROM (Korean) and install US stock ROM, nothing more. please help, please. I am not interesed in custom ROMs, I just want US stock ROM.
and I forgot to say that the tablet is rooted.
And the tablet is fully charged.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure flashing a US ROM on a Korean model is a good idea. Have you looked at a custom ROM like Cyanogen that is for your exact device model number?

LeoKac

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure flashing a US ROM on a Korean model is a good idea.

Well, I have installed US stock ROM in my Motorola Xoom (Canadian model) and it works just perfect. So, the HTC device must not be a problem. I think so. But I just need to know how to do it. How to flash US stock ROM into my HTC Flyer 4G (Korean).

Have you looked at a custom ROM like Cyanogen that is for your exact device model number?

Well, I think Cyanogen is not good idea for HTC Flyer, but not for other HTC devices.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How you do it depends on how the ROM is packaged. The file should come with instructions - like put the zip file on the root of the SD card, boot to recovery and install from zip.

LeoKac

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
put the zip file on the root of the SD card, boot to recovery and install from zip.

No, I just can't enter RECOVERY, well, I can boot into bootloader, but when I press RECOVERY, screen show HTC logo and freezes, nothing more.
I even don't know how to install ClockWorkMod Recovery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2