Help! My Hisense Sero 7 keeps shutting down!!

CurtisGamer

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have bought the Hisense Sero 7 Lite from Walmart last September to replace my broken cheap Android that was bought from Big Lots the year before. During my first three months of use, the tablet worked flawlessly, until around Christmas when after 25 minutes of usage, the unit locks up and turns itself off. At that time, I really thought it was the Live Wallpaper that is causing the unit to shut down without warning. Then, things got worse a few months later when after 10 minutes of usage, same thing happened. Then weeks later, after only five minutes, same result. Then starting last month, as I turned on the unit, the Hisense logo came on for a few seconds, followed by Hisense's SMART logo, and then after few seconds, it shuts itself off. Few minutes later, turned it on again, nothing happened.

But, after a few minutes, turned on the tablet, two Hisense related logos appear, and it went to the screen with date and time, and battery status. After logging in, I happened to load up an app(let's say TuneIn radio, for example), and the app appears. But after a few seconds, the unit locks up and it shuts itself off automatically. The next time I made another attempt to turn the thing on, only the Hisense logo appear for a couple seconds, then the unit just turns off. This problem even occurs while the tablet is charging. When you see the screen flickers and a soft "tick" noise while the unit turns off, this was the result.

I have tried everything(i.e. soft reset, factory restore, etc.) and the problem doesn't seem to go away. I am very frustrated by this now that the Sero 7 is my second tablet I have owned and it only last a very few months! I can't use apps. I can't play Candy Crush. I can't even watch Youtube videos in a public place using Wifi. I am going to send the unit to Hisense for repairs and possible replacement and I DO NOT want to spend even around $100 to purchase another tablet that will guarantee it's going to last only a few months. If this problem doesn't get solved, then I will never, EVER buy another HiSense product again!

I have uploaded a YouTube video of my attempts at booting up the Sero 7.

Once again, if there is no way to fix this problem, then this tablet is nothing but a WASTE OF MONEY!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If I had to guess, I'd say that either the battery is failing, or the motherboard is defective. Either way, it would be a tough do-it-yourself repair, and bringing it to a repair shop would probably cost more than the tablet itself. If you could figure out how to boot into Safe Mode, that might help with troubleshooting, because Safe Mode disables all 3rd party apps. So if the problems persist, then it's a problem with the system or the hardware.

The steps to boot into Safe Mode depends on the device. For example, on Nexus devices, you have to press and hold the Power button, and keep it down while you press and hold the Power Off selection on the screen. On Samsung devices, you have to power off normally first, then press Power and hold until you see the Samsung logo, then release and press Vol Down and hold until the restart is complete.

Keep in mind that the Sero 7 Lite is a very inexpensive tablet, as far as Android devices go. So it shouldn't be too surprising that there's a higher chance of defect or failure--sorry!

sero7User

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Did the hard reset and still the same (by holding pwr buttn and volume down then selecting reset to factory settings).
Curtis, did you find any other solution/work around instead of returning it?
I have 2 of these and it's just this one that started giving me problems. the only diference between them (apps and usage) is their AC chargers.

Jose Alcazar

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have this hisense zero 7 pro one year allready..no problems just basic like charging , stuff that i fixed..but this shuting down prob. starting 2 weeks ago..I went in safe mode i think..presing the on and volume down same time then "restore" message will show up i released buttons then i reboot from the list..now its charging in one normally for 25 mins so far and im getting notifications..try this and let me know..i will post if something happen..thanks guys..I think I got help here..its very good tablet...looks like the nokia 5110 for me jeje...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech