Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone reboots on unmount SD card

Good evening guys!

I have a problem with my Neken N6 android smartphone.

Every time I plug it to a PC, when I then select the option to unmount the internal SD card and mount it to the PC, the phone suddenly reboots.

That wan't happening when I bought it, but I don't know which app is making the difference since the problem started.

I've looked to the apps on the SD card and I don't imagine any of them crashing the phone because of a forced closing: none of them are system-related.

Is there any way to see information about what makes the system crash? Any log, dump, etc?

Thank you in advance!

Default Re: Phone reboots on unmount SD card

Welcome to Android Central! I've never encountered that option with any of my previous phones--you shouldn't have to unmount the internal SD card yourself. What kind of USB connection does your phone have? Is it MTP or "USB Mass Storage/Disk Drive"? To find out, after connecting your phone to your computer, swipe down the notifications and tap the USB connection notification. With my old Razr Maxx, plugging it into the computer would automatically mount the Internal SD (aka Internal Storage) as well as the External SD, as long as the connection was "USB Disk Drive." While plugged in, the phone would not be able to access either of these storage areas, since they were mounted to the computer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi!

It's mass storage, and that's exactly why the phone unmounts them from android and mounts them to to the computer.

And while unmounting from Android the crash happens.

That might be tough to troubleshoot. I'm not sure if there any log apps or debugging apps that could give you the kind of information you're looking for. You could always start uninstalling apps one by one and seeing when the problem resolves, but that's pretty tedious.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That might be tough to troubleshoot. I'm not sure if there any log apps or debugging apps that could give you the kind of information you're looking for. You could always start uninstalling apps one by one and seeing when the problem resolves, but that's pretty tedious.
    Yeah, hope someone comes with a less destructive solution xD

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

You could install Logcat or aLogcat and see if you spot anything in the logs.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Rukbat View Post
    You could install Logcat or aLogcat and see if you spot anything in the logs.
    What a shame, it showed nothing interesting! ...

BTW, just to clarify, it happens when clicking that button:
    Phone reboots on unmount SD card-2014-07-01-17.33.14.jpg

Phone reboots and after that, SIM configuration is lost
    Phone reboots on unmount SD card-2014-07-01-17.34.32.jpg