Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 is now almost totally useless after Google search and a host of other android updates

Problem Description: After I updated my Andproid 4.4.2 Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the latest search, and docs and sheet, my phone is bombardier by the attached lost of countries EVERY MINUTE!!!! the Ok Google hotword works fine in NOVA launcher, but what use is it if I almost cannot use my phone. my phone is almost useless now because there is this whole list of countries poppping up every minute! AND i HAD TO DISMISS IT EVERYTIME.

PLEASE HELP!

Note 3 is now almost totally useless after Google search and a host of other android updates-screenshots_2014-06-28-21-05-38.jpg
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshots_2014-06-28-21-05-38.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	125387

Default Re: Note 3 is now almost totally useless after Google search and a host of other android updates

What are the circumstances when that screen pops up? Is it random? Is it only when you're using a specific app? What happens if you choose your country?

Try wiping the system cache partition as well: Reset: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | T-Mobile Support
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Note 3 is now almost totally useless after Google search and a host of other android updates

It's not random. That thing pops up every minute or so no matter what application I am using or even if it's just just idle.

My Note 3 is not rooted. Should I factory reset it?

Global Posts
    11,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Boot into safe mode. That will run the phone but without any apps you installed. If that works, you can back up all the apps you installed (you can back them up, they just can't run). Then delete them all. Restart (you'll boot into normal mode) and add the apps back, one by one, restarting after you add each one, until the problem starts. That's the one causing the problem. (Boot into safe mode, uninstall that app, restart and reinstall all the others.)

If even that doesn't help, it's possible that, if you updated over the air, you got a bad update. Go to your carrier (after backing up all your apps and all your data) and ask them if they can reflash the phone. They'll know, a minute after they reboot after the flash, whether there's a problem or not. (Some phones, for whatever reason, have to be flashed a few times before it works.) You'll probably lose all the apps you've installed, and all your data (because they'll do a factory reset), but you've got everything backed up.