Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default galaxy s3

Why wouldnt my sg3 connect to internet I git wifi but no internet apn settings are correct according to my carrier . Have been looking for a answer all over no success . I think I will throw it away . If you dont know why

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: galaxy s3

First, can you confirm that your mobile data is turned on?

Second, does your phone even detect the mobile data network? Do you see 3G or 4G displayed in the Notification Bar?

Global Posts
    20,067 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Or do you mean that you can connect to wifi, but can't get an internet connection with wifi? (In which case, the APN and mobile data have nothing to do with it.)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yes it shows 4 g in notification bar but doesnt connect

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It detects it but doesnt connect when I try a message comes on saying no mobile network

Global Posts
    20,067 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

You're mixing two things here. Are we talking about connecting to the carrier's network with 4G or are we talking about getting an internet connection with wifi. These are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT things. The wifi has nothing to do with 4G or your carrier, it connects to YOUR wifi router and if you get a limited connection (connect but no internet) we troubleshoot it one way, if you don't get an internet connection on 4G, we troubleshoot it in a completely different way. It's like your car not starting so you check the air pressure in the tires - one has nothing to do with the other.

Turn off the part that works, If you're having trouble with wifi, turn off mobile data (Connections/More networks/Mobile networks) If you have trouble with 4G, turn off wifi. Then we can start trougleshooting to find out why you're not getting an internet connection.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I am not gitting a 4G internet connection but 4g shows up in notification bar . Am gitting wifi when mobile data is off

Global Posts
    20,067 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

If you'rew not getting an internet connection in 4G, the most likely cause is that your APN settings are wrong. The settings depend on the carrier, so search for yours - like "Verizon APN settings". Or take the phone to the carrier's store and ask them to check the settings for you.

If you have the correct settings and still don't get an internet connection, the most likely problem is that your account is set up incorrectly. You can either call customer support or, preferably, go to the carrier's store. (Then, if reprovisioning your account doesn't fix the problem, they have your phone and can do whatever is necessary to get it working, whether it's your account, your SIM card or your phone settings.)