Upgrade to Droid X or wait?

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the option to upgrade this week and get paid Friday. I'll have enough to get the Droid X through Verizon.

Right now I have a Palm Pre Plus and I pretty much hate it. I'm on my 7th one and this one is starting to give me issues. I've patched and overclocked it to all get out and it's still slow and sucks. I like webOS and all but would like to give Android a try since HP is taking forever getting some decent harware out.

I went to my local Verizon store and they sait the Droid X will cost me $300 up front and then I'll get a $100 MIR. That isn't too bad but I hate the idea of a MIR.

Now walmart has on their website that you can upgrade a line for $99 since it includes a $200 instant discount. The problem with walmart is that when I try to buy via their website it wants me to add a plan even though I have the upgrade family plan line option selected.
Has anyone successfuly upgraded via walmarts website and if so what step(s) am I missing?

I know I could wait a few months for the rumored iPhone but if I do get an iPhone it's probably going to be the iPhone 5 since it will hopefully have LTE and I only have to wait 12 months for another upgrade since I'm the primary line on my Mom and Dads family plan.

Also are the hamces of the Droid X getting Gingerbread high or am I going to be SOL whenever 3.0 is released and regret not waiting. Remember this is only for 12 months...

-- Sent from my Palm Pr

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a fan of waiting for the latest tech. There is always something better/faster coming. I'd go to Verizon, play with the X, if you like it, buy it. My only issue with Walmart is, what happens if you have a phone problem? Can you take it to a verizon store or call verizon cs? I ask because if you have to deal with Walmart for cs issues, that could be a bad situation.

elizabeth1217

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I tell people not to go through Walmart, because there's only so much they can do if your phone is acting up (doesn't need to be switched out, but having simple glitches). My husband bought the Droid X over the phone with Verizon and he loves it. He had the HTC Eris.

Jangoman

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
;)Hey there, I would go through best buy in all honesty.

I use to work for VZW about a year ago and always advised people never to buy from authorized retailers. Best Buy Mobile has definitely stepped up its game over VZW authorized retailers. Friday my wife got the Fascinate for free because of their Free Phone Fridays in the month of October. I myself got the Droid X.

My wife got through Best Buy a $10 recurring insurance plan that they will replace the phone anytime during her 2yrs for free. It will not cover lost/stolen only broken...cant beat that at all. VZW's insurance will replace lost/stolen for a fee as well as broken for a fee.

Sorry from changing the subject, but the X is truely Amazing and what I forgot to mention is they offer instant rebates and if you have the new every 2 credit its a win win. I got my X for 199.99, and the Zag screen protector which beats anything Verizon sells. I personally would never buy anything phone wise from Walmart, but thats my personal preference.

sunjay

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
I went to my local Verizon store and they sait the Droid X will cost me $300 up front and then I'll get a $100 MIR. That isn't too bad but I hate the idea of a MIR.

Freegoo

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Aren't Verizons rebates done via prepaid debit card? If done right you get the money before the bill is due anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk