Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rukbat
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Passwords do not work: Verizon Ellipsis 7 4G LTE Tablet

Hi,

A friend of mine recently became bedridden and a kind neighbor gave her a
    Verizon Ellipsis 7 4G LTE Tablet QMV7A

to help relieve her boredom. My friend has no other access to the internet while she is injured.

Her problem is that she can't log into any of her web sites that require a password.

She continuously gets told her password is invalid.

She made sure the shift and caps lock key were not issues.

She told me that she was able to see her actual password characters before they were redacted as asteriks..........she typed them correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestions for helping her successfully entering her passwords into web sites running on this tablet?

Thanks

Steve

Global Posts
    8,966 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Passwords do not work: Verizon Ellipsis 7 4G LTE Tablet

Tell her to check the settings on the web browser she's using (there are a number of possibilities in Android, so I won't try to guess). Somewhere in settings is the choice of User Agent. (I don't think Internet or Chrome allow that - they're always identified to the website as what they are). Some websites don't allow phone or tablet browsers on their main site, they have a mobile site that looks better on a smaller screen.

She can try one of two things:

1) put an "m." (lower case) in front of the address. IOW, m.google.com instead of google.com.

2) Install a different browser. (She can uninstall it before she returns the tablet.) I have both Dolphin and Next installed - for a number of reasons, but the ability to switch between desktop and mobile is one of them. Set the browser as a desktop browser.

I'm sorry, but that's about the only reason I can think of for the tablet not allowing her to log into the sites. (If it were one site, I might suspect a Sadistic web developer, but if it's all sites it has to be something to do with the tablet.)

The only other thing I could think of is that she's getting limited connectivity (connecting to the router, but not to the internet), but then she wouldn't get to the site to log into it.

Maybe someone else has some other ideas. (This is the kind of thing it would take 5 minutes to straighten out on the scene, but days to do over the internet, asking a question, then waiting hours for the answer.).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

These are some really great ideas. I couldn't think of anything else to try. I left her a message on her phone and I will tell her aout these ideas.

Global Posts
    8,966 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Please let us know if she gets the problem solved, and how she solved it. That would help anyone having a similar problem and finding this thread in a web search.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

She just called to tell me that putting the "m" in the URLS did the trick. Thanks much. You gave someone who will be bedridden in a TV & PC-less apartment a little more entertainment, as well as access to the world.

Global Posts
    8,966 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

As someone who has trouble walking (they keep trying to convince me that I'm not 16 any more) with a wife who's recovering from a stroke, I truly appreciate what a connection to the world can mean. I'm glad I could help ease some of her burden. Please give her my wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.