Changing a specific icon to one from an icon pack.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I recently got an Alcatel Idol X+ and I'm using aviate launcher in the alcatel stock rom with android 4.2.2, and I don't plan to root.

- I am using the moonshine icon pack and since I don't have the stock google camera app, the icon in the pack doesn't apply to alcatel's camera app that I use. Since this style difference bothers me I would like to set the google camera icon from the moonshine pack as a icon for alcatel's camera app (without losing the previous one in case I want to go back to alcatel's launcher). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Nova Prime, but have to ask, can you long press on the icon and pull up a menu that has the edit option? For me I just tap edit, it brings up lists of installed icons, I scroll and tap the new icon and then use the back button, then violá! New icon replaced on desktop. Again, that is on Nova launcher, but I thought it might help. 😊

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Nova Prime, but have to ask, can you long press on the icon and pull up a menu that has the edit option? For me I just tap edit, it brings up lists of installed icons, I scroll and tap the new icon and then use the back button, then violá! New icon replaced on desktop. Again, that is on Nova launcher, but I thought it might help. ??????

Nope, aviate is too strict about that. I only allows me to remove it from the favorites, collections or uninstall it. Thanks Anyway!

Icon Changer Free will do what you want.

This worked, but it just creates a shortcut with the new icon. But I can just ignore it. Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I noticed that. It creates a new shortcut for you, you delete the old one and use the new one. Just an extra step. I don't do Android development, but I assume that changing the icon on an existing shortcut is much more work than creating a shortcut, and the extra work for the user is minimal.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I just recently learned how to choose an alternate icon. I was using Simple Rounds and made several changes. Problem is, when I tried changing to Axis icon pack or any other one I had, the Round ones I changed remained in the new packs! How do you keep this from happening? What am I missing? It took me a long time to fix and I ended up having to delete both packs and reinstall. Thanks!

grasping

May 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm using Icon Changer Free and I changed an icon for an app that isn't on my homescreen. When I changed it, it created a custom shortcut on the homescreen, but left the default icon in the main app location. Is there anyway to change the icon in the main application area? You mentioned "delete the old one". Does that mean that I can delete the app or icon from the main app area and the new shortcut on the homescreen will still function? If so, how do I delete it?

grasping

May 13, 2015
Visit site
you delete the old one and use the new one.

I used Icon Changer Free to change an app icon for an app that was not listed on the homescreen. It was only listed in the main app area. When I changed it, it added a custom shortcut to the homescreen but left the default icon in the main app area. Is it possible to change the icon in the main app area? You mentioned “delete the old one”. Does that mean that I can keep the shortcut on the homescreen but delete the icon in the main app area without deleting the program all together? If so, how do I do this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz