- 5 Posts
Change default SMS apps
Hi everyone, I recently got an Alcatel Idol X+ and I'm using aviate launcher in the alcatel stock rom with android 4.2.2, and I don't plan to root.
- I want to use hangouts as my default SMS app but the SMS app set as default is alcatel's own sms app. When I get a new SMS I get a lock screen notification from alcatel's app and and one from hangouts in the notification bar. I want to set hangouts as my default app, get lock screen notifications from it and to stop getting notifications from alcatel's app. I have searched in google and tried going into settings but there is no SMS tab, and I can't see the app options neither in alcatel's app neither in hangouts. How can I do this?
Thanks in advance.
- 06-30-2014, 08:38 AM #2
- 224 Posts
Re: Change default SMS apps
I'm not familiar with Alcatel's software, but what you want to do is go into their SMS app and disable notifications. Most SMS applications allow that, but if this one does not you can go into Settings -> Apps -> (name of SMS app) and uncheck "Show notifications."
Lockscreen notifications are a bit trickier because that's probably part of Alcatel's software. Stock Android does not have this functionality.
- By Mistery Client in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 08-01-2014, 07:55 AM
- By Billy95Tech in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-04-2014, 08:57 AM
- By jeffreynothing43 in forum Sprint LG G2Replies: 7Last Post: 07-02-2014, 05:47 PM
- By djh_wolf in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 06-30-2014, 06:20 AM
- By mil84 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-30-2014, 06:19 AM