Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By SlappyMcgee
  • 1 Post By SlappyMcgee
  • 1 Post By SlappyMcgee
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    I think I might have figured out how to get it. I didn't have it yet, so I searched on my phone for "OK Google lock screen"and found this link.
    https://support.google.com/websearch.../6031948?hl=en After visiting the link on my phone, I went back into the Google Now Voice settings and had the extra "OK Google" detection settings.

    I have an AT&T SGS3. I hope this helps others



    Edit: 7/10/14 updated the link
    TeritorialDemon likes this.
  2. #2  
    sting7k's Avatar

    Posts
    615 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,827 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock JB 4.2

    Default Re: I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    You can also buy a Moto X and have system wide "OK Google" commands; including when locked.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    That is not the point of this thread I was offering assistance to those, like me until yesterday, sat waiting and wondering when the options for system wide OK Google, including lock screen, would become available.

    But thank you for the advice
    TeritorialDemon likes this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyMcgee View Post
    I think I might have figured out how to get it. I didn't have it yet, so I searched on my phone for "OK Google lock screen"and found this link.
    https://support.google.com/websearch.../6031948?hl=en After visiting the link on my phone, I went back into the Google Now Voice settings and had the extra "OK Google" detection settings.

    I have an AT&T SGS3. I hope this helps others

    THANKYOU for this. Worked on my Droid Razr M! I have been waiting for google to update this so I could use OK Google Now from any screen.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    Quote Originally Posted by TeritorialDemon View Post
    THANKYOU for this. Worked on my Droid Razr M! I have been waiting for google to update this so I could use OK Google Now from any screen.
    You are welcome Glad I was able to help
  6. #6  

    Default Re: I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyMcgee View Post
    I think I might have figured out how to get it. I didn't have it yet, so I searched on my phone for "OK Google lock screen"and found this link.
    https://support.google.com/websearch.../6031948?hl=en After visiting the link on my phone, I went back into the Google Now Voice settings and had the extra "OK Google" detection settings.

    I have an AT&T SGS3. I hope this helps others
    That link doesn't take me to anything of significance. I have an AT&T SGS4 but I can't find the "OK Google" settings anywhere. It's stock.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr0gburp3r View Post
    That link doesn't take me to anything of significance. I have an AT&T SGS4 but I can't find the "OK Google" settings anywhere. It's stock.
    They seem to have moved the support article. Here is an updated link - https://support.google.com/websearch.../6031948?hl=en
    Fr0gburp3r likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    Quote Originally Posted by SlappyMcgee View Post
    They seem to have moved the support article. Here is an updated link - https://support.google.com/websearch.../6031948?hl=en
    Thanks! I finally got it to work.
  9. #9  
    abdojouma's Avatar

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

    Default Re: I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    Great !

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  
    srkmagnus's Avatar

    Posts
    13,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,293 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

    Default Re: I think I found out how to enable "OK Google" system wide

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr0gburp3r View Post
    That link doesn't take me to anything of significance. I have an AT&T SGS4 but I can't find the "OK Google" settings anywhere. It's stock.
    Go to Google Now - menu. There will be an option for Google Now. That's where you can find the settings.

    Be sure to have the most updated Search app and do the search from within the Google Search bar.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Similar Threads

  1. Can't link Twitter to Instagram
    By liezette in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-29-2016, 01:27 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 03:40 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 07:45 PM
  4. Can't login to Google from my phone.
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2014, 06:56 AM

Posting Permissions