Why android is using "Just Once/Always" as BUTTONS??! Logically they should be one simple CHECKBOX!

moji_vb

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Why android is using "Just Once/Always" as BUTTONS??! Logically they should be one simple CHECKBOX!

I like android, but it's crazy and a shame for android operating system for putting two buttons for "Always/Just Once" options instead of putting a simple checkbox with default unchecked value of "Always use same application"!

The checkbox can help to protect another extra click on "Just Once" button when you prefer to choose between different applications every time.

Please understand that extra click and "Just Once" button is not really necessary and it sucks when you every time select "Just Once"!

Please some android developers take care and fix this problem for later versions!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why android is using "Just Once/Always" as BUTTONS??! Logically they should be one simple CHECKB

It is necessary for some. I may be testing a few apps... So I click on a link and try each one by hitting just once...that way I can test the various apps.

Once I find the one I want I hit always and that way it will use the app I like.. Always.. For that type of link or information (such as my links always open Chrome).

Remember just because you don't like it doesn't mean others aren't finding uses for it. Set your stuff to always and don't worry about it anymore :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why android is using "Just Once/Always" as BUTTONS??! Logically they should be one simple CHECKB

I have gotten in the habit of clicking just once for many things: Biggest reason is sometimes app developers don't code the app correctly. Sometimes, I want to use one app over another. Perfect example is when searching for apps online, I don't always want it to open via Play. I want to see it on Chrome.

The only app I ever click always for is Nova over the stock launcher. This also kind of helps me greatly if I ever need to clear app preferences to clear out Play issues, I only have one thing set to default.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad