Newest Update broke my phone

TeeMR

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone, i'm new to this forum so if i'm posting in the wrong section let me know.

Phone : Acer Liquid S1. Non rooted, haven't authorized apps that doesn't come from the google store.
Android version: i don't know anymore

Today, when i woke up, i noticed an update was available for my phone, so since i was logged on my home's wifi i did it immediately. It took a few minutes to download it (~600mo i think). But since the phone restarted to install the update, it has been stuck on the "ACER explore beyond limits" screens.
No reaction if i try to turn it off, same reaction after taking off the battery - sim card - sd card. My computer detect it but nothing more.

I don't know what to do.

Thank you in advance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Recovery Mode using the steps in the following video. When you get to the Recovery Menu, try Wipe Cache Partition (which will not erase any personal data), instead of Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Then Reboot System Now. If that doesn't seem to help, try Wipe Data/Factory Reset instead (which will wipe the phone).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GKiZ0VIOqo

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If wiping the phone doesn't help, bring the phone to the carrier, tell them that the OTA (over the air) update didn't work, and would they please fix or replace the phone. (You don't say where you're from, but in the US, if they break it, they're responsible for it - and an OTA update is their responsibility. It's probably pretty much the same in most of the civilized world.)

A side note: You should ALWAYS have ALL your important data backed up to something other than the phone (like your computer's or laptop's hard drive AND a cloud account) - just for cases like this. You can redownload apps (although I keep them backed up too, to save the time and effort of redownloading them), but no one can replace pictures, videos you took, your game scores, etc.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234