Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Finding/Deleting Application Data

Hi,

I have a Samsung GS4 and an app that's giving me a problem. I'm looking for a way to find out exactly where certain files from the app are stored.

As you can see in my screenshot, There is 5.16MB stored in "data". This is the bit that's annoying me. I'm wondering if there's any app or utility or anything that can tell me where this specific data is, and not the rest of it (The application, SD card App, and SD card data are all fine).

I have the same app running on my Nook HD+, and when I click the "clear data" button there it clears ONLY that data and application line, leaving the sd card app and sd card data in place. Alternately, if there is some way I can make it so that hitting the clear data button my GS4 does the same thing (only clears the data line, not the rest), this would also be fine.

This has been driving me nuts for days. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Finding/Deleting Application Data-screenshot_2014-07-08-22-56-42.jpg  
    Banned

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Re: Finding/Deleting Application Data

That sounds nagging, Procrastinarian. But what Android version are you running? And what app would that be?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by DickRilloa View Post
    That sounds nagging, Procrastinarian. But what Android version are you running? And what app would that be?
    4.4.2 on my GS4 where the problem is (honestly no idea on the Nook HD+), and the app is Deadman's Cross.
    Banned

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Another unfortunate example of Google slowly throttling Android more and more with each next iteration, locking down users, IYAM.

I don't really see how this is an example of Google throttling Android. Let's see if we can help the OP--have you used a good file manager like ES File Explorer or Total Commander to search around your Internal Storage? Try looking in one of the following folders for subfolders that might correspond to the app:

/storage/sdcard0
    /storage/sdcard0/data
    /storage/sdcard0/Android/data

Look for folders that either bear the name of the app or the name of its developer.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.

Go to here and delete the documents folder
    /sdcard/Android/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.deadmanscrossww/files/Documents/

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks a lot dpham, but that wasn't the bit I was looking to delete, unfortunately.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Procrastinarian View Post
    Thanks a lot dpham, but that wasn't the bit I was looking to delete, unfortunately.

Anyone else have any ideas?
    That would be what is in the 5mb in the screen shot in the op. If you need something else, you can browse around one of the parent directories.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3