Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wizzrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Power Cord Problems

To start off with, when I plug my Galaxy S3 in (with the charger that it came with) the lightning bolt on the charging symbol in the top right corner flickers on and off. I've tried with other cords around my house (PS4 controller etc) and the symbol stays the whole time and my phone charges. I've tried using the wall charger and the cord that came with my phone works when using that. Also, when using ANY of these cords, my S3 is not recognised as a device on my computer
    Thanks for the help!

-Luke

Global Posts
    21,534 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Power Cord Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Luford View Post
    To start off with, when I plug my Galaxy S3 in (with the charger that it came with) the lightning bolt on the charging symbol in the top right corner flickers on and off. I've tried with other cords around my house (PS4 controller etc) and the symbol stays the whole time and my phone charges. I've tried using the wall charger and the cord that came with my phone works when using that. Also, when using ANY of these cords, my S3 is not recognised as a device on my computer
    Thanks for the help!

-Luke
    Welcome to the forums.
    Not sure if the cord and the PC are related (they may very well be). I think the first thing I would do is get a different charging setup, a replacement wall charger and cable if you will. Try here: ShopAndroid - #1 Store for Android Accessories
    They are pretty inexpensive for OEM replacements.

To make sure the device connects to your PC, I would see if your drivers need to be updated. If you are running Windows 8/8.1 I have noticed that OS does not like to talk to Android devices, or any device without a signed driver.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

I would suggest trying out these Samsung Drivers on your phone to see if it will read your phone then: Samsung Andorid USB Driver for Windows | SAMSUNG Developers
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Golfdriver97 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by wizzrah View Post
    I would suggest trying out these Samsung Drivers on your phone to see if it will read your phone then: Samsung Andorid USB Driver for Windows | SAMSUNG Developers
    The link you supplied goes to the Samsung homepage.

As for updating my PC's drivers, the charging is now stable but it is still not being recognised by the PC.

Global Posts
    4,261 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Luford View Post
    The link you supplied goes to the Samsung homepage.

As for updating my PC's drivers, the charging is now stable but it is still not being recognised by the PC.
    It seems that is something on Samsung's side. Have you tried Samsung Kies to see if that will read the phone? Also, if you're using USB 3.0, use 2.0 instead.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson