Google Now / Camera Microphone Conflict

mzman

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Launched my camera app on HTC One M7, and noticed an error flash briefly: "Another app is using microphone and it's terminated now".

I think this is likely Google Now, which after a recent update now listens for "OK Google" on all screens. After this error, my phone no longer responds to "OK Google". After manually starting Google Now, it starts working again.

Does anyone else have this? Is there a way to avoid the error? I've searched here and with Google, neither of which turn up any results.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using voice commands for the camera? That might be causing the conflict with Google. I know, both should be able to co-exist without issues, but at least we can figure out WHAT is causing the issue.

You can also try to disable Google Now's "global" hot word (after reboot) and see if the error still pops up.

Rob CO2

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I checked the Help Link above and searched the Forums for help but there's no obvious way for New Users to delete their own Posts - so I must edit the Comment and delete it's contents.

I don't mind if an Admin would delete this post if desired, a simple Button right next to Reply (to myself!?) to delete the comment could have saved us both some time and effort.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Rob CO2

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
To test/fix say: "OK Google", the APP should start (if you have this complaint).

You could say "Configuration Google Now" when it has come to the Foreground or you can type that in the Search Bar.

The Reply will say that to access the Settings hit the 3 Bars in the Upper Left corner, now go to "Voice" and turn off the Feature to operate on other Screens, or disable completely.

YT,
Rob

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang