Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is There a Free Screen Recorder That Does Not Need Root?

Hello guys.
    My family and I are always video conferencing in videolink2.me. I would love to record our fun moments together. Is there an Android app that would allow me to record until my storage device is full, and also would allow me to record the sound that would come out from the speaker, and even my own microphone itself? Most of the apps I've searched require root and is not free. Good thing for my PC, even though I cannot afford Camtasia Studio, Microsoft Encoder is now free, so I can record whatever it is I want to record on my desktop and whenever it is I want to. I am looking if there is an app that would do something just like that in Android. Help, please.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by eddie39 View Post
    Hello guys.
    My family and I are always video conferencing in videolink2.me. I would love to record our fun moments together. Is there an Android app that would allow me to record until my storage device is full, and also would allow me to record the sound that would come out from the speaker, and even my own microphone itself? Most of the apps I've searched require root and is not free. Good thing for my PC, even though I cannot afford Camtasia Studio, Microsoft Encoder is now free, so I can record whatever it is I want to record on my desktop and whenever it is I want to. I am looking if there is an app that would do something just like that in Android. Help, please.
    Hello!

What phone and android version do you have?

If you have Kit Kat, it has a feature built in to record the screen.

How to record your screen in Android 4.4 KitKat | Android Central

Global Posts
    4,693 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Kitkat

Default Re: Is There a Free Screen Recorder That Does Not Need Root?

Quote Originally Posted by eddie39 View Post
    Hello guys.
    Hello!

What phone and android version do you have?

If you have Kit Kat, it has a feature built in to record the screen.

How to record your screen in Android 4.4 KitKat | Android Central

Default Re: Is There a Free Screen Recorder That Does Not Need Root?

Do you have kitkat ? What device you have ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app