Galaxy Tab 3 Kids locked on parental control password

Carlos Gomes2

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I bought some Samsung Tab 3 Kids so I borrow then to the kids in my restaurant so they can let their parents eat.

It is in kids mode all the times, só they can not access internet and other apps. To do so, they need to put a 4 number pin, set by me (parental control). By putting this password, you can access all the tablet functions, so I am the only one with the password.

Unfortunately some kids try to put this password and after 5 attempts, it locks and only unlock when I put the google account e-mail and password.

Does anyone know how to disable it ? I don't need it to be locked after 5 attempts.

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, that's weird have you tried unlocking your device but using your gmail account ??? Well do one thing try tapping the wrong PIN for 5 times then a screen will shown up "forgotten your PIN". Tap the link, you will be redirect to an Exit page. Tap the Exit link, you returns to normal mode! Next time, it will ask you to setup a new PIN for the kids mode, try doing it as see if that works for you or ?

Carlos Gomes2

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I can unlock it by using my gmail account. But as the kids lock it a lot, it would be better if they can type the wrong pin code a thousand times without locking it. Do you know if I can disable it (lock after 5 attempts) ?

warn joe

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I can unlock it by using my gmail account. But as the kids lock it a lot, it would be better if they can type the wrong pin code a thousand times without locking it. Do you know if I can disable it (lock after 5 attempts) ?

Well, @Carlos I am afraid but over here we don't have any more options ! That's is actually which I do want to try but tell you what there isn't any app that could do that for you !! :(

Delians

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have the same problem, but I cannot unlock it with my google account. It is like there is no reaction whatsoever. I have restarted the machine several times but I always get to the blocked-screen in the kids mode in which I have to enter my google account credentials. HELP!!!!

IDSphere

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem and could not sign in with my google account. Nothing happened when I tried.
I did get around the problem by booting the tab 3 kids in save mode. Hold power button down until you can power off. Once the device is off turn it back on by holding the power button and the volume down button at the same time. Once the screen lights up release the power button but keep the volume button pressed until the device is fully turned on. You will now see in the lower corner SAVE MODE. You can now go to kids mode and type in your pin again. You then reboot your phone (power off - power on) the normal way and you should be set.
Hope this works for you too.

Delians

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello Ambassador, thanks for your answer, but I does not work. Maybe it is because I have a Galaxy Tab 3.7.0 and not a S5? I can reboot in the Safe Mode, but I go exactly to the same screen asking to login in the Google account. No way to get out of there... any more ideas?

Allison Garcia

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have the same problem, but I cannot unlock it with my google account. It is like there is no reaction whatsoever. I have restarted the machine several times but I always get to the blocked-screen in the kids mode in which I have to enter my google account credentials. HELP!!!!

rahulverma4

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi IDSphere - the 1st time, this issue occurred, I was able to solve using safe mode. Unfortunately, my younger kid got me into this mess again and this time, I don't see the pin pad in the safe mode. Help please.

freekey

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
thanks a lot IDsphere!

But I just can't understand why is that the google sign in does nothing while the tab is already connected to a wifi?

Can please anyone help me? Because if this kept happening, then there is no point of having a time control setting on the tab.. :(

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
I forgot the password i put to my son in the tb 3 Lite kids. I try more that 5 times but nothing happens. Below the numbers says retreive pin, but when i touch there says network error, try again later. Can anyone help me to unblock it please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan