Filed Claim with Asurion (Sprint) Then lost the phone. Do they check ESID?
I was curious to see if I would be able to just simply send them ANY old broken S4 of the same color to avoid the ludicrous $350 , as I can buy a junked unit for FAR less. They want to charge me since I've lost the device and they won't allow me to change the claim to a "lost/stolen" claim. Anyone have any experience with this or know at least if they check the ESID when providing them with the broken device?
- Best AnswerJul 11 2014 | 12:08 am EDT
Yeah, don't mess around with potential fraud. Could land you in some hot water.
- 07-10-2014, 11:41 PM #2
- 963 Posts
Re: Filed Claim with Asurion (Sprint) Then lost the phone. Do they check ESID?
I'm sure they do check to be sure it is the phone for which the insurance was taken out on. Otherwise, everybody and their momma would be getting new phones through one insurance policy.
Have you tried any of the find my phone methods like via Google, Lookout or some other app?
- 07-11-2014, 12:08 AM #3
- By Vivek5488 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 09-20-2014, 11:33 PM
- By Michael Slish in forum Moto G (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 07-14-2014, 09:23 PM
- By vferrari in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0Replies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2014, 03:18 AM
- By mobolovesmusic in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 3Last Post: 07-11-2014, 01:50 PM
- By JellyBeanGurl in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 5Last Post: 07-11-2014, 12:36 AM