Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 spoilt

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 which i purchased about 8-9 month ago.

Recently i was out and it started raining, and my phone was in my pocket. At first i thought nothing happened because it only got wet a little. Later i got a call and i couldn't hear their voice nor could the other party hear mine. I thought maybe because i was in a noisy place while this was happening. But the after about 15 minutes the phone stopped responding and it was lagging and glitching uncontrollably. The phone became unusable as it was too slow. It started to switch off and on again and again. I took put the battery and let i dry for a few hours. When i switched it on the touch seemed to work and it was up to pace, but then i pressed the volume up button and the phone started lagging again. When the phone locked itself, i was unable to start it up using the power or the home key. The power key was not working.

When it started up on its own, i got a message saying, "Your system is not responding". I clicked "okay" and it switched off and on again.

I removed my battery and have kept it in a sealed container of rice. But i don't know if that will work. If anyone has any solution please do help.

Thanks.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 spoilt

Welcome to Android Central! It's also important to dry out the phone as well, not just the battery. Put both in ziploc bags full of uncooked rice, and let them sit overnight at least.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 spoilt

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! It's also important to dry out the phone as well, not just the battery. Put both in ziploc bags full of uncooked rice, and let them sit overnight at least.
    Thanks for the reply but, i had put both in the container, and i left it over night. When i switched it on in the morning it still was pretty slow and seemed to be working for some time, but then again the phone started to repeatedly restart on its own. I have removed the battery and now i don't know what to do with it. I think ill have to send it to the Samsung Service Centre as it is still under warranty coverage. Do you know any other method?