Can anyone help me with some questions I have about Lock Screen Notifications?

richard_c

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Lock Screen Notifications Help

Hi everyone,

Last week I took left the world of iOS for Android. After a lot of research I got the Z1 Compact, I'm loving the phone and Android my only little annoyance is the lack of lock screen notifications, while I am new to Android I was hoping you guys could shed some light on the best lock screen notification apps.

What I am looking for is:

1. A way to view text messages, missed calls, Facebook, email and Whatsapp notifications on my lock screen (These are the main ones I want).
2. For the screen to wake when a notification comes through (While the notification is good is doesn't catch my eye in the day time the same way the screen does when it wakes up
3. A notification app that doesn't affect the lock screen music player. (That one thing I like about iOS is on the lock screen I could have music playing and switch songs etc. but also get notifications. I've tried a few notification apps and they all appear to get rid of my lock screen widget for the music player.

So I guess in a long winded way I was the lockscreen to do what iOS does.
Any advice on the best apps to use this would be greatly appreciated. I don't mind if they are paid apps either.

Thanks in advance,

Rich