Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I would like to be able to customize a certain contact's texts preferable to not notify me at all, but at very least be able to change their notification sound. I just downloaded GO SMS. Perfect, i can set it so that i am not notified of this person's texts, but it's got a big 'ol ad on it, any ad-free no cost apps that you'd rec that would allow me to prevent/change notificiation of one number?
    Last edited by paisley99; 07-12-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Global Posts
    20,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Ad-free no-cost apps with custom text notifications?

I know a lot of people like Textra. I don't know if that has ads (probably). Although you can try this. Google has a reward app on Play. You fill out surveys they send you and they credit your gmail account. Not all surveys are paid, but I have a several free songs and Tasker was nearly paid for by Google.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I know a lot of people like Textra. I don't know if that has ads (probably). Although you can try this. Google has a reward app on Play. You fill out surveys they send you and they credit your gmail account. Not all surveys are paid, but I have a several free songs and Tasker was nearly paid for by Google.

Thanks. I was using texta but I don't think it has custom notifications. Unless I'm just missing it?

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,976 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    Thanks. I was using texta but I don't think it has custom notifications. Unless I'm just missing it?

Posted via Android Central App
    You might be right. I was just throwing out a suggestion. I stick with the stock app mainly.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Hangouts allows this. Go to your conversation thread with the person, tap the overflow/menu button, then tap People & Options. You can disable notifications altogether, change the message sound, or block the number.

Check out Smart Sound Profiles. They have a free version u can play with but pretty sure I remember ads before I purchased. Only a few bucks to purchase and whenever you pay for an app you're helping the developer continue their work. To get a good app in some cases it's worth it to me to spend a couple bucks.
    Deb
    Save a life & make your life better.
    Adopt a rescue or shelter dog.