Ad-free no-cost apps with custom text notifications?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I would like to be able to customize a certain contact's texts preferable to not notify me at all, but at very least be able to change their notification sound. I just downloaded GO SMS. Perfect, i can set it so that i am not notified of this person's texts, but it's got a big 'ol ad on it, any ad-free no cost apps that you'd rec that would allow me to prevent/change notificiation of one number?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I know a lot of people like Textra. I don't know if that has ads (probably). Although you can try this. Google has a reward app on Play. You fill out surveys they send you and they credit your gmail account. Not all surveys are paid, but I have a several free songs and Tasker was nearly paid for by Google.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I know a lot of people like Textra. I don't know if that has ads (probably). Although you can try this. Google has a reward app on Play. You fill out surveys they send you and they credit your gmail account. Not all surveys are paid, but I have a several free songs and Tasker was nearly paid for by Google.

Thanks. I was using texta but I don't think it has custom notifications. Unless I'm just missing it?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I was using texta but I don't think it has custom notifications. Unless I'm just missing it?

Posted via Android Central App

You might be right. I was just throwing out a suggestion. I stick with the stock app mainly.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hangouts allows this. Go to your conversation thread with the person, tap the overflow/menu button, then tap People & Options. You can disable notifications altogether, change the message sound, or block the number.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Check out Smart Sound Profiles. They have a free version u can play with but pretty sure I remember ads before I purchased. Only a few bucks to purchase and whenever you pay for an app you're helping the developer continue their work. To get a good app in some cases it's worth it to me to spend a couple bucks.