- 1 Posts
How do I get rid of the data usage popup on Moto G?
I have a Moto G with a prepaid connection from BSNL. Every time I switch between 3G and Wifi, I get a pop up notification - "You have used XX Kb of data".... with an OK button...
Is there any way to get rid of this? I tried many options as suggested in many android forums - like to move the red and orange bars for the data limit to about >20GB or uncheck the option button for data limit etc... I also tried installing an application called "Balance Update / USSD blocker" which was suggested in a forum with lot of positive reviews. Nothing seems to be working..
Any help will be highly appreciated... Thanks in advance..
- 07-14-2014, 10:58 AM #2
- 177 Posts
Re: How do I get rid of the data usage popup on Moto G?
My guess is that the notification is provided by another application. I do not think there is a built-in system notification of data usage like that. To determine what app is providing the notification, press and hold on the notification and tap "App Info." If you uncheck "Show notifications" it will stop displaying any notifications for that app. Just keep in mind that the app may provide other useful notifications, so make sure you actually want to disable all of them. If it does give you other information you need (for example, if it's your account information app or something) then you'll want to go into the application itself and check the settings for a way to disable that notification.
- 07-14-2014, 02:43 PM #3
- By xWABBOx in forum The Gamer's LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: Yesterday, 03:59 AM
- By pwscott in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 8Last Post: 07-14-2014, 08:27 PM
- By theargonaut33 in forum Android WearReplies: 6Last Post: 07-14-2014, 03:15 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-14-2014, 02:29 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-13-2014, 07:45 AM