Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Question Swype Won't Work!

Even though Swype is checked under Settings/My Device/Input and Control/Language and Input, it won't work while composing text.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Jackson1 View Post
    When I looked to change my keyboard "Keyboards and Input Methods" (please bear with me, I'm a novice) , Samsung or Swype are the only two available. I don't like the look of the Swype keyboard, so I choose the Samsung, which was my default and has always worked well and had Swype. Do you have any other suggestions?
    Google does have a keyboard available. You download it from Play and install it like a regular app. To have that be your default, you go back to the same screen that you described.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Global Posts
    30,954 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Swype Won't Work!

Quote Originally Posted by AC Question View Post
    Even though Swype is checked under Settings/My Device/Input and Control/Language and Input, it won't work while composing text.
    Try a different keyboard. Google has a swiping form of typing.

When I looked to change my keyboard "Keyboards and Input Methods" (please bear with me, I'm a novice) , Samsung or Swype are the only two available. I don't like the look of the Swype keyboard, so I choose the Samsung, which was my default and has always worked well and had Swype. Do you have any other suggestions?

Global Posts
    30,954 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Jackson1 View Post
    Google does have a keyboard available. You download it from Play and install it like a regular app. To have that be your default, you go back to the same screen that you described.