G2 Vs Vibrant

Douglerful

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
OK i don't know where to post this other then here, so I need some help in choosing between the G2 and Sammy Vibrant. I'm leaning more towards the G2 but I'm not sure if the graphics processor on the Vibrant is better. Its a shame I cant choose a phone from a different carrier, but I'm a Canadian and Wind (shares the same frequencies as T-mobile) is the the only carrier that isn't a vicious money devouring douche company.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a G2 and a Vibrant. In general the advantages of the G2 is that is seemingly a category 10 device (allowing for a 14.4 mbps raw rate and with a will-never-happen-in-real-life 0.98 code rate for about 14 mbps) and that it has a hardware keyboard. Using speedtest I usually see a user observed performance of about 5.5 mbps on the G2 and about 4.5 mbps on the vibrant.

I don't think the G2 is "real" HSPA+, qualcomm describes its chip (the 7630) as having "HSPA+ features" while it describes the other chips as just "HSPA+". I suspect that feature is really just that it can use 15SC and a higher theoretical code rate (fewer error correction bits per payload bits) but doesn't support the more agressive HSPA+ modulation (64 QAM). In short except in ideal conditions there's not too much difference in the download performance between the G2 and Vibrant.

The display of the vibrant is very good and the phone is much lighter, but it does feel a bit more sluggish in general than the G2 does (I haven't lagfixed it or anything) but if I had to live with just one phone id probably choose the vibrant. Its really just personal preference though.

Douglerful

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yah im in canada, so we dont even have 4g or like 4g yet, so data speeds aren't of much concern to mean cuz there not great around here regardless. I'm speaking more of form factor, speed, user friendliness, etc

NoSpin

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Yah im in canada, so we dont even have 4g or like 4g yet, so data speeds aren't of much concern to mean cuz there not great around here regardless. I'm speaking more of form factor, speed, user friendliness, etc

Both devices are very comparable, check out this thread in the G2 forum- http://forum.androidcentral.com/t-mobile-g2/39180-g2-vibrant-torch.html

I'm a G2 owner and I love it so far, but many Vibrant owners would roll their eyes at that. Personally I could not carry around a phone as "plasticy" as the Vibrant, the G2 just feels more solid in the hand. But it is a very personal preference thing.

And just for the record not totally sure this is the best forum for this, probably want to ask around the Vibrant or G2 sections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12