Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default alcatel onetouch pop c1 questions

I wasnt sure where to post this so if in the wrong place can admin pls relocate. I have just purchased the pop c1. do I need to turn apps off after each use like I had to with my htc one to conserve battery power? if so then how do I do this? also I am having issues with placing apps into folders. some apps just will not drop into my folder of choice. I can create new folders using the app and I can place them into other folders but not into the folder I actually want them in. the folder I am trying to place them in is not full already.

Default Re: alcatel onetouch pop c1 questions

Welcome to Android Central! No, you don't have to close apps--Android works differently from Windows. See these articles for more info:

RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...m-android.html

To move an app shortcut into an existing folder, you need to drag it in briskly. If you drag it in slowly, it'll think you're trying to move it out of the way. How many icons are in the folder? Are you sure it isn't full?

For a more extensive beginner's guide, see here: [GUIDE] Getting Started with Android (2014)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ahhh yes ok ... i had myself confused thinking my htc was an android lol ... ty for that

yeah i'm sure the folder isnt full .... only 5 apps in it and yet it allowed me to have the option of dropping into a diff folder that had 6 apps already in it ...

i was pretty sure that i was drag n drop at the same speed regardless of the folder however i'll try a little more briskly next time lol

UPDATE: I have now figured out how make the drag n drop work properly .... It appears that as suggested I was dragging too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Marshall View Post
    i was pretty sure that i was drag n dro at the same speed regardless of the folder however i'll try a little more briskly next time lol
    It can sometimes be finicky. I've had issues before with folders moving out of the way even with moving an icon briskly into it.