Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG Volt: Can it be used on a non-Sprint network?

Hi,

I just started with an LG Volt and Virgin Mobile yesterday. I have been having problems making/receiving calls in a place I had no problems doing so with PagePlusCellular ( uses Verizon's network ). I have also had trouble getting a data connection. I opened up a support ticket with Virgin Mobile.

In case it turns out that Virgin Mobile's network just sucks in my area I was wondering how hard it would be to modify my LG Volt for use with another network. For example, T-Mobile.

Thanks

Steve

Global Posts
    13,106 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: LG Volt: Can it be used on a non-Sprint network?

Quote Originally Posted by tinker1234 View Post
    Hi,

I just started with an LG Volt and Virgin Mobile yesterday. I have been having problems making/receiving calls in a place I had no problems doing so with PagePlusCellular ( uses Verizon's network ). I have also had trouble getting a data connection. I opened up a support ticket with Virgin Mobile.

In case it turns out that Virgin Mobile's network just sucks in my area I was wondering how hard it would be to modify my LG Volt for use with another network. For example, T-Mobile.

Thanks

Steve
    Unfortunately, you won't be able to take that device to a network that uses GSM technology, such as T-Mobile, AT&T or similar. You'll need a new device.

If possible, you may want to consider selling that device and using the funds to purchase a new device. There are a lot of reasonably priced phones worth looking at that would be supported by T-Mobile.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What sort of things would I do to wipe traces of my usage off of my phone?
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinker1234 View Post
    What sort of things would I do to wipe traces of my usage off of my phone?
    Resetting to factory settings won't wipe it clean. Stuff will just be invisible (to you) but it will still be there for recovery. Better wipe your device clean remotely, from an internet connected PC, with the free AndroidLost app. That will actually remove a lot of stuff.
    But the best solution to make really sure your naughty pics cannot be recovered from that phone is to waltz over it with a steam roller or melt it in a blast furnace.

Global Posts
    13,106 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I agree with the above post. After you factory reset be sure to remove any files from the SD card, internal and external.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app