1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is the rosie utility?

I restarted my EVO and then noticed something called the rosie utility. When I clicked on it, it changed my home weather page to Jonesboro, Arkansas and I'm in Minnesota.

I've Googled this and searched the forums without a satisfactory answer.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    131 Global Posts

Sorry... have to say this. I think the "Rosie" utility must be for a Palm.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,970 Global Posts

It's the Sense UI.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

What is the sense user interface? I'm new to Android.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Rosie is sense.

Sense is HTC's skin over stock android, look at the nexus 1 that's stock android.

It adds alot of functionality and most everyone agrees its the best skin, yet there's alot of people that like stock android.

Head over to the evo forums.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F. View Post
    Sorry... have to say this. I think the "Rosie" utility must be for a Palm.
    Giggity

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Rosie is sense.

Sense is HTC's skin over stock android, look at the nexus 1 that's stock android.

It adds alot of functionality and most everyone agrees its the best skin, yet there's alot of people that like stock android.

Head over to the evo forums.
    I wonder why I never noticed this before today?

P.s. Evo 4g

Default Re: What is the rosie utility?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    I wonder why I never noticed this before today?

P.s. Evo 4g
    I have the EVO 4G on Sprint, and the Rosie Utility onle showed up after I did the Android update,,,did not show up out-of-the-box or after HTC software update about a month ago. Hope that helps...

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

The part you're seeing is meant to be hidden, you're probably just running into a weird bug.

Ok, so my question is why does it say this:

This application can access the following on your phone:

! your messages - com.android.email.permission.READ_ATTACHMENT
    ! network communication
    etc etc other intrusive sounding access....

forgive me if thats a stupid question, this isnt my first android, but its my first time seeing ROSIE and it wont let me uninstall

ROM
    Gingerbread

I see Rosie on my HTC Wildfire S too!
    Troubleshooter

ROM
    Jiffy Pop Roots 3.47.114

Leave Rosie alone

if you have the rosie utility on you droid... your hacked, look for the phone to come on and off automaticly, or sound turned up and down, apps you never seen before, apps that dont turn off, diler apps and camera apps.. in order to install a rosie app you need softweare to install the rosie app, the rosie utility is just the eletronic mark to control your phone from anywere, go to the network store and have your phones ID number that idenifies that phone changed, cause that was how it was accessed in the firstplace

Quote Originally Posted by SIMONP1965 View Post
    if you have the rosie utility on you droid... your hacked, look for the phone to come on and off automaticly, or sound turned up and down, apps you never seen before, apps that dont turn off, diler apps and camera apps.. in order to install a rosie app you need softweare to install the rosie app, the rosie utility is just the eletronic mark to control your phone from anywere, go to the network store and have your phones ID number that idenifies that phone changed, cause that was how it was accessed in the firstplace
    SIMONP1965 that does not mean you were hacked! all the Rosie utility is, is a User Interface!

that is incorrect, the rosie utility is the electronic mark from the Rosie program used to control the device it was placed in. You have to install the Rosie on your computer then you can place the utility in devices to run them remotely . So again if you see "Rosie Utility" running in your services, you've been and are being hacked,

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by SIMONP1965 View Post
    that is incorrect, the rosie utility is the electronic mark from the Rosie program used to control the device it was placed in. You have to install the Rosie on your computer then you can place the utility in devices to run them remotely . So again if you see "Rosie Utility" running in your services, you've been and are being hacked,
    Where did you get that information? Rosie was the code name for Sense before it's official release. It is still found on some devices as a part of Sense.

Wink Re: What is the rosie utility?

Rosie is a remote access program, its named after Rosie from the jetsons cartoon show, Rosie can control any device from any location , it was originally designed to control house devices such as lighting, sound systems, alarms, ect, anything in your home so you can sit on your couch and control you world. What ? forgot to turn your sprinklers on this morning, no prob, just open your Rosie app an turn it on from work. but somone got the bright idea and used Rosie on a smartphone and hear we are! if you see that utility, do a factory reset and it will be gone,

and furthermore, that particular Rosie mark must be placed there, it doesn't just show up by its self

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

So then you're not talking about this:

Seriously, I can't find anything on the web (other than this thread) that says the Rosie utility is related to your phone being hacked. SIMONP1965, please post the link where you found this information.

I thought the rosie utility was spinning date functions that are all through SenseUI. I miss it in my new phone. Samsung epic4gtouch

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

rosie is what htc called their user interface back in 2009 before they released their first phone with sense ui. they still use the term rosie in some of their coding for sense. here you go from back in time

Thumbs up Re: What is the rosie utility?

check this, its perfectly fine