| || |
Re: Using Android SIM card in iPhone4
Also (and it's too late now), read Wet Phone Putting a wet phone into rice only puts off the inevitable - a non-working phone. Rice absorbs water. (Silica Gel does a much better hob.) But the thing that ruins the phone isn't the water, unless the phone is turned on (IOW, has the battery still in it) when it's wet - it's the impurities in the water that cause shorts and etch the copper off the motherboard and the wires out of their insulation. It's not enough to remove the water, you have to remove the impurities. Even if you could totally dry the phone out in a few minutes, it will eventually fail. How soon? That depends on how impure the water is. Falling into the ocean, or into a muddy pond, is a lot worse than having a glass of drinking water dumped on it, but rain is pretty dirty stuff, It's usually quite acidic, and acids, even weak ones, eventually etch copper completely off the phone. (Sulfuric acid, the most common acid in rain, and copper produce copper sulphate, which doesn't conduct electricity, it just falls off the board and fills the case with little turquoise flakes.) You may look funny doing it, but if you have to carry your phone unprotected in the rain (or use it in the rain), keep it in a zip lock plastic bag. They're pretty waterproof, and sound gets through the plastic easily.