Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help! My nexus 7 13 fell and i cant get the data off.

I have a nexus 7 2013 that someone broke and bought me a new one. however my data is still on my old device. is there a way to sort of hack into it with my new nexus 7? the usb port and the digitizer is broken on my old one. I didnt know if there was a way to "force" nfc sharing or something to where i could browse the contents of my old nexus with my new one.

Default Re: Help! My nexus 7 13 fell and i cant get the data off.

If you had a broken USB port or digitizer, it would be fairly easy, but with both broken I'm not quite sure unfortunately. If you had a bluetooth mouse, keyboard or controller that was already paired to the tablet you might be able to access it, but you need either a working screen or working USB port (for ADB) to get a bluetooth device paired. There are also VNC options but again you need that to have been setup beforehand.

Global Posts
    10,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: Help! My nexus 7 13 fell and i cant get the data off.

If you have a good relationship with a local independent dealer, you may be able to get him to plug a spare screen into your tab long enough for you to copy off all your data.

This is a good lesson for everyone reading this thread - ALWAYS have ALL your data backed up to at least 2 different destinations. The odds of both your backup drive and Google failing at the same time are astronomical. (An old computer axiom is that any data not backed up is data you don't need.)
    Thanked by: