Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anyone here use Directory Bind?

If so, ive got a question about it. it is a program that is supposed to tell your system to read folders on your external SD card as part of your internal memory. Ive tried this so far with only one game, but ive got the game files in both the internal memory and the external. im just wondering why. the whole purpose of this program is to save space on your internal memory and truly move apps to your sd card. but right now, the one app i tested seems to be on both. my internal folder for that game was empty, until i played it again. it seems to be writing all new data to the internal.

help?

Global Posts
    5,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Does anyone here use Directory Bind?

Moving a file from where it's expected to be (like internal storage) to somewhere else (like the SD card) in Linux moves the file (or parts of it) and puts a link to that location where the file is expected. What the computer (or phone) sees when it looks in internal storage is a link to external storage, from where it goes and gets the file (or writes to it, or whatever it's going to do). What YOU see is the file's name in both internal and external storage. You can't see the "the file itself is really over there" pointer in the link, like the computer can.

Read post 2642 on page 265 of the XDA thread for the app.