Rapidly disappearing memory

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I have an HTC Droid Eris 2.1 that's rooted, but I suspect my problem may not be exclusive to this phone. And I had this problem before I rooted as well, so I know that rooting wasn't the problem.

I go from having plenty of internal memory to less than 10% and getting the Low Memory Notification. I'll delete a large app or two, the notification goes away and I'm back to around 20%. Then, for no known reason, I get the Low Memory Notification and I'm back around 10% again. Sometimes it even comes and goes as I'm watching it. I've been running ATK in the event it mattered but it seems to make no difference one way or the other.

I've been fine for a month or so before this started happening again. The only thing that cured it before was the required wipe before I flash my new ROM. It sure would be nice to figure out what's causing this, though.

Thanks!!

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
See what the data and cache usage is for your apps. I suspect something's growing out of control. A task killer isn't relevant in this situation unless you can use it to see what's running and possibly causing the issue.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
What's the best (free) app to use to determine that?

I wiped and installed the new version of my ROM last night (xtrSense) and it was close to being out of memory. Today I tried to update the MyVerizon app (like an idiot) and it started giving me problems again. I suspect it might be that one. Thanks to Titanium Backup I can remove some of these that ordinarily I'd be stuck with.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Gmail. 31mb. Figured it out. Thanks. Feel like an idiot now. Like when I was married. Oh well.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Drew Galyen

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
My D1 says the same thing, dialer storage shows up as 36MB or something. I deleted all my picture messages, but it still shows 28MB. Would it be bad if I deleted my dialer storage?