Nothing will install on my tablet

mia9

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
When i install apps from Google play, it tells me, Congratulations, the app will be soon installed to your device. But nothing happens. I try it more times but still nothing.
When i download an app (even installer) and want to install it over Total Commander, i click install and then it starts testing on viruses, since then nothing happens. It only runs testing for 1/2 hr or more. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What device do you have? It sounds like you're trying to install from the Google Play website on a browser--what happens if you try to install them from the Google Play Store app? Or did your device not come with the Play Store app installed? Not all devices are certified for Google Play, and if yours isn't, then you may have problems trying to install apps from there.

mia9

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I have Acer Iconia. I have the store app too but it doesn't work from there either. Instead, it shows a running line and says installation in progress (since yesterday).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you otherwise able to access the web using the browser or other apps like Facebook? Any problems with other Google services like Gmail? Sometimes there can be an issue on the server side. Does this behavior occur when trying to install any app from the Play Store app, or only when trying to install one particular app?

Have you tried rebooting the tablet?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If I'm reading your original post correctly, your anti-virus program is running for half an hour testing a program for viruses. Even the slowest AV program is a lot faster than that. Disable or uninstall your AV program and see if that helps.

Don't worry about vciruses. If you can't install anythhing you can't install a virus either. If you can install something once you've gottn rid of your AV program, make Avast the next thing you install. (Avast takes about 2 seconds to "test" anything I install on a Note 3. And since I play with different ROMs all the time, I'm installing a few dozen programs every few days, so if each program took half an hour to test I wouldn't live long enough to set up a new ROM.)

mia9

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I uninstalled AVG and then was able to install a downloaded installer but nothing from Google play, the same problem remains. It says it's been installed but the icon isn't anywhere. The installer icon appeared okay.

I have no other problems elsewhere. I tried to reboot the tab of course.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2