Android phone notifications not working?

gregg1989

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
So my android is no longer receiving notifications. i used to always get them from the sportscenter,twitter,and facebook apps but now all of a sudden it stopped. Ive had this phone for well over a year and the notifications have worked fine. It usually notified me on news and it would give me updates. But now nothing is working. No updates on anything. I haven't received one in 2 days. For whatever reason it just stopped notifying me. Anybody know what the cause of this could be and how to fix it? Ive restarted my phone 3 different times and it doesn't work. Its just very strange it would do this out of the blue. Any help would be appreciated.

gregg1989

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok scratch that. After a 4th restart I just received all my notifications and the text messages I sent to myself. It must have just been a delay i guess. Im still not sure why this happened though. Ive never had it happen before.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm glad things seemed to right themselves. There might have been some general server issues. Was everything else related to the web otherwise working normally during this period?

gregg1989

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm glad things seemed to right themselves. There might have been some general server issues. Was everything else related to the web otherwise working normally during this period?

Oops sorry for the late reply but yeah everything else on my phone was fine. All my apps worked but I just wasn't receiving notifications on any apps for whatever reason. It works perfectly fine now though.