Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyle DylandY
  • 1 Post By Mooncatt
  • 1 Post By Lyle DylandY
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to extend your phones battery life?

is there a way or an application that you can suggest to make my phone's battery life be longer?

im using LG G PRO 2 phone. please help me.

Default Re: How to extend your phones battery life?

Check out this guide: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Check out this guide: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips
    thank you sir!
    B. Diddy likes this.

It looks like your phone is running a Snapdragon processor. You may want to look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...snapdragon.app It's Qualcomm's own battery manager for those chips and works by adjusting sync times along with other, more standard, adjustment settings. I just finished the "learning period" and it still may have more to do as it learns where I use Wi-Fi and such, so I can't personally say how good or bad the app is.

One word of caution is don't fall for the task killer/memory booster/memory optimizer/etc hype. There's many apps that claim increased battery life by cleaning unused apps from memory. That's 180 degrees opposite from how Android is supposed to work and can often reduce battery life. For more info: http://m.androidcentral.com/ram-what...-shouldnt-care
    B. Diddy likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    It looks like your phone is running a Snapdragon processor. You may want to look at https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...snapdragon.app It's Qualcomm's own battery manager for those chips and works by adjusting sync times along with other, more standard, adjustment settings. I just finished the "learning period" and it still may have more to do as it learns where I use Wi-Fi and such, so I can't personally say how good or bad the app is.

One word of caution is don't fall for the task killer/memory booster/memory optimizer/etc hype. There's many apps that claim increased battery life by cleaning unused apps from memory. That's 180 degrees opposite from how Android is supposed to work and can often reduce battery life. For more info: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central
    im gonna read and learn about this sir. thank you! [in filipino], salamat!

Lyle,
    There are a ,lot of little things that might help that will help you prolong your battery life, here's a guide [http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Cell-Phone-Battery-Last-Longer].^IV
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by LGElectronics View Post
    Lyle,
    There are a ,lot of little things that might help that will help you prolong your battery life, here's a guide [http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Cell-Phone-Battery-Last-Longer].^IV
    thank you LG. because its my first time to use an LG phone. im a samsung user before but, why not try something new and unique phone? right? with the button at the back? im so loving it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

well, i read, learn, and did what you suggested me to do guys to improve my battery life.

well, the result is that, my phone is fully charge around 9.20am[100%], then its 9.04am now [the next day] and my battery is now 67%.

and thats include facebook, sms, messages, camera and downloading apps.

so what do you think guys? i think it improves ALOT!

thank you!
    B. Diddy likes this.

That's pretty darn good!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

That's pretty darn good!
    sir, is there any game/s that you can suggest to be downloaded but not draining battery that fast?

or games that is offline, because playing when connected to internet drains a lot of battery. so can you suggest any offline games that do not drain too much battery?

thank you sir!

Depends on what kinds of games you like.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Depends on what kinds of games you like.
    i can do any games sir, ill just look into any games you suggest. thank you again sir.

Asphalt 7 & 8
    PewPew
    Grabatron
    Gyro
    Smash Hit
    Major Mayhem
    Giant Boulder of Death
    Monsters Ate My Condo!
    Zen Pinball (one table free)
    Reckless Getaway
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Asphalt 7 & 8
    PewPew
    Grabatron
    Gyro
    Smash Hit
    Major Mayhem
    Giant Boulder of Death
    Monsters Ate My Condo!
    Zen Pinball (one table free)
    Reckless Getaway
    thank you sir!
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

sir, about the corrupted memory card.
    ive just checked mine and its ok now.
    just one question, when i put files on my mmc, how should it be?

1. should remove the mmc from my phone and insert it directly to my laptop? then put files on it.?
    or...
    2. i just plug my phones cable connecting to my laptop then put files on my mmc? w/out removing my mmc from the phone.

what is more safer sir to do sir? to avoid corrupting files.

I'm not sure if one way is definitely safer than the other. I'd recommend using the USB connection for transfer, if it works smoothly for you. Just remember that it's best to Copy rather than Move files, because the latter will delete the file at the origin after completing the file transfer. If there was some sort of file corruption during the transfer, then it can be very difficult to recover the original file.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

I'm not sure if one way is definitely safer than the other. I'd recommend using the USB connection for transfer, if it works smoothly for you. Just remember that it's best to Copy rather than Move files, because the latter will delete the file at the origin after completing the file transfer. If there was some sort of file corruption during the transfer, then it can be very difficult to recover the original file.
    oh thats how it got corrupted. when i bought my mmc, my files from internal storage i tried to move it on my mmc and then thats when it started to drain my battery fast and heats up. so thats why. thank you sir!