What is recovery? and root Help am a noob.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok ;) i just think i heard somewhere maybe xda? that you can root it without looseing warrenty ;)?

Sorry, your post got lost in the shuffle of my other notifications that night.
I might be wrong, but that is why (the last I knew) the Knox counter was unchangeable.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, your post got lost in the shuffle of my other notifications that night.
I might be wrong, but that is why (the last I knew) the Knox counter was unchangeable.

LOL i know that you can unlock bootloader without looseing warrenty? so i guess that ment root as well?

Anyway Dont worry ;) but how have a little question ;).

How do i update my slimkat rom? it says 4.4.4 is out but i dont know how to update?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
LOL i know that you can unlock bootloader without looseing warrenty? so i guess that ment root as well?

Anyway Dont worry ;) but how have a little question ;).

How do i update my slimkat rom? it says 4.4.4 is out but i dont know how to update?

I have always understood that you root, you voided your warranty.

As far as I know, that is the most up to date version of SlimKat. They are a little slower than most other Dev's for updating ROMs, but when they do, they are usually pretty solid. I just got in the habit of checking on their website. To update, you would download, and flash in recovery, the same way you loaded the ROM initially.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I have always understood that you root, you voided your warranty.

As far as I know, that is the most up to date version of SlimKat. They are a little slower than most other Dev's for updating ROMs, but when they do, they are usually pretty solid. I just got in the habit of checking on their website. To update, you would download, and flash in recovery, the same way you loaded the ROM initially.

My update came up in slimcenter

But i think i killed my TWRP since i flashed stock recovery to see how it looked and it was boring so i open rashr and got TWRP again.

And now it fails every flash ;(

Since i clear dalvik and tap install i select 4.4.4 slim and it just says "Failed" ??

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My update came up in slimcenter

But i think i killed my TWRP since i flashed stock recovery to see how it looked and it was boring so i open rashr and got TWRP again.

And now it fails every flash ;(

Since i clear dalvik and tap install i select 4.4.4 slim and it just sats "Failed" ??

Try again, but instead, download from the site, and flash through TWRP.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh cr@p it blow up!!!!

JK Anyway so do i just clear dalvik cashe and tap install? after i redownloaded it from the web side???

Dalvik and system cache. Reset only when you change ROMs or get a major update.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2