Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    AC Question

Default questions about google play apps :)

Hello guys,im new to android and i have a few questions as mentioned above .I opened play store yesterday and started to download apps,but i saw that there are some permission and i thouhght that thats normal But then i noticed something strange,sms permission for lamp,like are you serious?What is test access to protected storage?View wi-fi connection?Read phone state and indentity? Any help about these few permissions would be helpful thanks in advance
  2. Best Answer

Welcome to Android Central! This article may be helpful: What some of those scary application permissions mean | Android Central

A good developer will explain some or all permissions in the app description. Keep in mind that some permissions have a relatively broad usage--for example, permission to use the camera doesn't always mean the app wants to take pictures. It may just want to access the LED flash, which is technically part of the camera.

When choosing an app to install, read over the app description to see if the developer explains the permissions, and also read through some of the reviews to see what other users have experienced.

Default Re: questions about google play apps :)

Welcome to Android Central! This article may be helpful: What some of those scary application permissions mean | Android Central

A good developer will explain some or all permissions in the app description. Keep in mind that some permissions have a relatively broad usage--for example, permission to use the camera doesn't always mean the app wants to take pictures. It may just want to access the LED flash, which is technically part of the camera.

When choosing an app to install, read over the app description to see if the developer explains the permissions, and also read through some of the reviews to see what other users have experienced.