Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Volume button/rocker on android phones

This has been a problem with every phone I have had android or not. I carry my phone in a holder or sometimes pocket and it is always getting turned down without me knowing it. OR I turn it down for a meeting or movie and then forget to turn it back on. Is there any way to disable the phone volume button (or rocker or whatever it is called) so it won't get turned down. OR any other way that you will absolutely know when it is turned down, a beep or icon or something so that you won't let it go all day being turned down and you don't know about it and miss phone calls. Some of my phone calls and especially Calendar notifications are extremely important. I have never tried or been able to resolve this. HELP.

Default Re: Vulume button/rocker on android phones

Well, there is already an icon in the status bar that displays when your phone is on vibrate or silent. If your issue is that you're only turning it part of the way down then that's a different problem. I don't think you can easily disable the volume rocker but you could use Tasker to set "profiles" that would override whatever you set the volume to with the rocker. So using Tasker you would create a toggle widget that would set the profile to "Sound", "Vibrate" or "Silent," and have it constantly set the volume based on that so it would basically ignore the rocker.