Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What's the best thing to use to hear music from my S5 in my almost 10 year old SUV?

I currently use a cassette adapter however it's starting to deteriorate and I'd like something better than a cassette adapter cause I heard the music quality isn't as good with cassette adapters. Also I prefer something that is small so I can put it somewhere hidden when I leave my car cause I work at a place where car break ins are frequent.

Default Re: What's the best thing to use to hear music from my S5 in my almost 10 year old SUV?

Let's try to consolidate your multiple posts--see responses in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...r-old-suv.html

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
    Banned

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: What's the best thing to use to hear music from my S5 in my almost 10 year old SUV?

Quote Originally Posted by Bayarea13 View Post
    I currently use a cassette adapter however it's starting to deteriorate and I'd like something better than a cassette adapter cause I heard the music quality isn't as good with cassette adapters. Also I prefer something that is small so I can put it somewhere hidden when I leave my car cause I work at a place where car break ins are frequent.
    If sound quality was the only thing at stake here I would say earphones fed by your smartphone with the appropriate apps and music installed, assuming it is on a charger. Because you take your phone out of the car with you anyway when you park it, right? So there's nothing to burgle (car burglars know twice as many hiding places in your car as you do... but empty phone holders speak volumes to them). However, the earphones' wire will be a nuisance after the first few minutes of use. And there ain't no decent wireless ones available yet, afaik.

That said I definitely do NOT recommend this 'solution' to your problem because it also makes you a dangerous traffic hazard when traffic sounds around your car are inaudible to you, the driver!