Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Song refuses to change to correct album title

I don't know how it happened, but one of the songs on this album changed a lowercase letter to uppercase and I can't change it back. I've used id3 editors but when I go back, the title is still the same even though I corrected and saved it. I can change it to anything except the correct title.

Default Re: Song refuses to change to correct album title

Why is an uppercase letter such a big deal?

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5

If you copy the MP3 to your computer, does it display correctly in a media player there?

What media player are you using on your phone?

What type of phone is it?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by codyoehl View Post
    Why is an uppercase letter such a big deal?

Posted via Android Central App with my Samsung Galaxy S5
    Because it just is, OK!? It separates this song from the rest of the albums, which should have been obvious as I stated only one of the songs doesn't change
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by raptir View Post
    If you copy the MP3 to your computer, does it display correctly in a media player there?

What media player are you using on your phone?

What type of phone is it?
    Using standard music app on s4, it was also uppercase on my computer but I changed it back. I just don't want to have to go to my computer every time this happens. I don't even know why but when I transfer my music to my computer it often changes the title of only one song like this one did.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I finally got to adding the renamed title but it still doesn't work on my phone. I went to the point of editing the properties of every song to guarantee they'd show up as one album on my phone but it still shows the one song separated from the rest by the capital letter. One of the main reasons I got an android over iPhone was less restrictions on adding and editing music and I have no idea why the stupid song won't change the title.

Hm, very weird. I'd try two things...

mp3tag

Check that out and see if there are any extra tag versions on your files. You could have multiple id3 tag versions, and the Samsung app could be grabbing one while the program on your computer is grabbing another.

Just to narrow it down, you could give PowerAmp, Play Music, DoubleTwist, etc... a try and see if it displays the tags correctly.