Handcent SMS

Michael_e223

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to disable the stock text messaging app once youve downloaded and enabled the Handcent app? I dont need to get double text messages and notifications. Any help is appreciated:)

Rooted Samsung Fascinate:)

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to disable the stock text messaging app once youve downloaded and enabled the Handcent app? I dont need to get double text messages and notifications. Any help is appreciated:)

Rooted Samsung Fascinate:)

Open the stock messaging app and click menu and settings. Uncheck auto-retrieve and receive notification.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm new here, and I did what you suggested above and I am still getting duplicate SMS messages. Also, how can I remove the native SMS from my home page?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try clearing the cache for the stock messaging app in the application settings. Make sure the notification box is unchecked so you don't receive notifications to the app.

You might not be able to remove the stock messaging app since it may cause problems. If the notifications continue try using another app, such as titanium backup, to freeze the messaging app.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm new here, and I did what you suggested above and I am still getting duplicate SMS messages. Also, how can I remove the native SMS from my home page?

Open the stock messaging app and go to Menu -> Settings and disable the Notifications checkbox. That's all there should be to it, and your notifications from the stock app should disappear.

I am not sure what you mean about removing it from your "home page"....do you mean the app drawer or one of your screens? As noted, you can't uninstall it without rooting (i.e. you can't get rid of it in the app drawer). But since you're new here, maybe you mean your screen and you don't know how to delete the icon (sorry....so hard to tell if new people know how to do that or not). If that is the case, you remove it just like anything else (long press, drag to trash can).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18